Do I have the only Canon 5D MKII Lemon (Refund given by warehouse express)

What would you do if you was me on Monday 7th June?

• Demand full refund

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Demand Replacement Camera

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Take Camera Back Repaired

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Forget above and take WEX to court

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
Hi to you all
Many thanks to all of you, you have all been great with this.
I have just sent a email to the MD, with order details and link to this thread.
I cannot give details as I was given in confidence.
Hope this works

Bad luck mate. I bought a 5DII and have had no problems but stick with it. I don't think these numpties in various organisations realise how much of a negative effect it has on future sales!
I do agree wwith previous posts but WE don't have to replace but get the option to 'repair or replace'. Did you publish the branch? If not put it on here and copy them!
Failng all of that you could take them to Small Claims [or at least threaten to] it would cost about £50 but it really shoulnd't cost you anything.

Good luck and keep complaining!

Dunc

I have just phone and got to speak to Anna Paton sales manager (for first time).
It will be going to canon soon and i will have to wait.
Canon will contact WEX to tell them if they will repair or send WEX a relacement camera to send to me.
So now i just have to wait, not too long i hope.:bang::bang::bang:
I have said i dont want that camera back but there hands are tied and its down to canon as its over 28 days:crying:

I have just phone and got to speak to Anna Paton sales manager (for first time).
It will be going to canon soon and i will have to wait.
Canon will contact WEX to tell them if they will repair or send WEX a relacement camera to send to me.
So now i just have to wait, not too long i hope.:bang::bang::bang:
I have said i dont want that camera back but there hands are tied and its down to canon as its over 28 days:crying:

its not - its down to WEX depsite what they're telling you, your contract is with them and not Canon. I hope it gewt resolved s quicly and easily as possible from now, but they measure of a company is not how well they do when it goes well, but how they sort issues, and I think on this one WEX have failed somewhat badly................

its not - its down to WEX depsite what they're telling you, your contract is with them and not Canon. I hope it gewt resolved s quicly and easily as possible from now, but they measure of a company is not how well they do when it goes well, but how they sort issues, and I think on this one WEX have failed somewhat badly................

I agree but Anna Patton WEX sales manager is 100% adamant its down to canon, and not them.

I did find this on Warehouse express site

"4.5 Faulty or incorrectly described Goods
You will always have the option of an exchange or refund if the fault occurs within 28 days of delivery. If there is a fault with your product within 6 months of delivery but after the first 28 days, we will always offer a repair in the first instance. As an exception you may be offered an exchange or (full or partial) refund. After 6 months but within 12 months we will offer a repair only. In all cases we reserve the right to inspect the product and verify the fault and, if no fault is found return the product to you. No refund will be processed until the returned goods have been received by ourselves and an appraisal made as to any fault."

But obviously is meaningless, surly the above means they will replace, unless im reading it wrong:shrug:

pah, not worth the blue pixels on my screen that.

SOG act overrules it end of.

Ask them what makes an exception as surely pro level kit should withstand more than what its been given........ quite simply not fit for purpose. Your argument is with the retailer, up to WE if they want to pursue it with Canon.

An additional option is to maybe condisering the words "pursue in the small claims court." I think you'll find if you took that option, you as the claimant have the right to holding it in a local court.......:LOL: Not sure where that then falls between English and Scottish law though.......... as I am no lawyer....

keep hammering at Stewart Fielder.... "oops" did I now let slip the sort of MD but not MD's name?

I also got today this email from Canon :shrug:

With regards to your comments about a replacement unit, I would have to advise you to speak directly with your retailer as your legal recourse lies with them. Legal recourse, as dictated by the sale of goods act, is the period of time that a customer can return to a retailer to claim refunds/replacements, repairs of compensation bourne out of product failure. The Sale of Goods Act is there to provide legal protection for consumers, and deals exclusively with the relationship between customer and retailer. As a manufacturing company, the points raised by the act do not cover our responsibilities, which extend to free service under the warranty, and chargeable service outside our warranty provision. Please see the link below for further information on the sales of goods act.

http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

Best advice I can offer is to sign up for Warehouse Express forum then post under "Warehouse Express" section about your complaint and a Manager by the name of Ben should respond and ask for your order number etc.

Warehouse Express are being removed from my bookmarks.

Any company that tries to sidestep 'Sale of Goods act' aren't worth dealing with.

Any company that tries to sidestep 'Sale of Goods act' aren't worth dealing with.

no - I agree my high value orders have normally come from them, & they won't be getting any more orders.

They really should of sorted this out months ago - I hope they apologise from the p*** poor service so far

impromptu very short notice TP meet anyone?

Warehouse Express carpark, 2.30pm. Saturday. All Welcome.....:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Pitchforks will be supplied.

Some interesting and valid comments on here and by PM.
I do know of one sale Warehouse Express have definately lost and maybe others looking at this thread.
To be honest after speaking to Anna Patton (wex sales manager)
and reading the email from Canon UK, the only way i will get a replacement camera is by legal action. :crying:
I have even been told by someone who was thinking of buying a canon 5d ii, but now after this will be staying with there D700

I'd agree with that totally, I know from the massive amount of time people put into the faulty xbox 360's when they came out that the contract for the first year is with the retailer.

Even on watchdog I've seen them go back further than a year when items are not fit for purpose and a refund has been given.

As had been said I've had nothing but decent gear from Wex but it's interesting to see how they have handled it when something has gone wrong. I'd be more carefull who I spent my money with knowing they are trying to fob off the SOGA.

When I got my 400d from WE 4yrs ago, after about 8 months I had an error 99, so I went back to WE they simply said contact Canon, I was upset at their answer, anyway I did contact canon, and they sent a courier to pick it up, it was back with me 5 days later, fixed apparently a mirror clip had fell off between the shutter, and dislodged the focus screen as well, so I got fab service off canon and carp off WE, and it also had a full service

Thing was they (WE) even sold me insurance/warranty, which didnt even get mentioned, really I should have pushed for a refund, but thought it more trouble than its worth, will I buy from them again NO

My advice is not to mess about any further.
Write to them (yes, snail mail, recorded delivery so someone has to sign for it). Tell them that you're rejecting the goods as unfit for purpose under the sale of goods act, and give them 7 days to give you a full refund. Also tell them that if they don't do this you'll follow the matter up in the small claims court.

At the same time, contact your local trading standards office and give them all the details too. In fact tell WE that you're doing this in the letter.

Seriously, company policy... ANY company policy does not overide consumer law. If they try and tell you that it does then they're lying to you pure and simple.

Personally I've always found WE pretty good, but it's only when things go wrong that you really find out for sure. And by the looks of your experience I won't be dealing with them again.

cheers

I agree.
But why why wont they let me speak to a supervisor or managment?
I will not be calling Warehouse Express again as that would be pointless
Today i will be talking to credit card company, trading standards and Canon UK. I hope to get answers today.
Thankyou to you all for advice and help

Right http://www.warehouseexpress.com/webcontent/static/AboutUs/PressReleases/BPIp7v2.pdfmight help!

I would state to the next person you speak with you will be writing a strongly worded letter to their chief executive Colin McCarthy addressed Private & Confidential - Open by addressee only. This will stipulate the problems you have had not just with the item but also the service.

The benefit of doing this is that no one in the post room will dare touch it as it is marked P&C so it will go directly to the hands of the chief exec. He will have no choice but to respond and someone will get it in the neck! It sjould also mean you get a swift result.

Oh just another quick hint for all you out there, if someone gives you a MD's email address - it does not normally go to an MD more like a complaints dept - that you have probably already been in contact with! This is why a Private & Confidential Letter sent via RMSD will nearly always get you a result!

Right http://www.warehouseexpress.com/webcontent/static/AboutUs/PressReleases/BPIp7v2.pdfmight help!

I would state to the next person you speak with you will be writing a strongly worded letter to their chief executive Colin McCarthy addressed Private & Confidential - Open by addressee only. This will stipulate the problems you have had not just with the item but also the service.

The benefit of doing this is that no one in the post room will dare touch it as it is marked P&C so it will go directly to the hands of the chief exec. He will have no choice but to respond and someone will get it in the neck! It sjould also mean you get a swift result.

Many thanks
I love the statement colin McCarthy made to british photographic industry news back in 2007 about Warehouse Express

"It's very important that we handle returns and customer problems as efficiently as the first sale – it's where many internet suppliers fall down."

Shocking customer care, more worrying that anyone would say that cameras come already opened from the manufacturer

I never buy anything without the seal in place and if one shop hasn't got a new one, somewhere else will

WE is definitely off my list of prospective sellers now, sold a faulty (possibly returned as such) camera and have got the manufacturer to fix it leaving you to do all the legwork.
No wonder they can afford so many adverts, really nasty salesmanship and to be avoided on this evidence

Hope its back soon and you finally get to enjoy the camera or its replacement

Rob,

fair point regarding md email addresses though from personal experience the one I gave to Kat does goes to the MD , well sort of acting MD probably and this is where I think their problems lay.....

I have purchased a number of items from WEX and never had a problem. After seeing how they handle it when things go wrong, I will not be shopping there again.

I hope you get your problem solved.

makes a mental note never to buy anything from wex
terrible customer relations and service

I've had nothing but good experences with WEX in the past - they were my default 'go-to' supplier for anything, in fact, based on price, speed of delivery etc etc...

After this I'll also be going elsewhere and recommending others do likewise...there are plently of other suppliers out there...

An extra £5-£10 here and there is nothing if it means peace-of-mind when it comes to problem solving on this scale...

This is the first I've ever heard of bad customer service from WE so it won't stop me shopping there. But then I can't say I often get stuff from them anyway. If I hear more bad reports of their customer service then maybe I'll avoid in the future but in the mean time I won't scratch them off my list.

this may still be the case - bad accounting and stock-management rather than outright deception.

quite possibly, 3 attempts its taken them to send me a roll of velvia that hasnt expired..

and even then they didnt contact me back the last time and sent it to the address i was holidaying at at the time of the original order (roll 2 was sent to my work address at my request). waiting for the gf's mother to post it to me (so dont really know if this ones a sucess either lol).

but either way VERY poor show by WHE. id like to see them post in this thread with an explaination to be honest but i dont think they will because they'd get their ass handed to them on consumer law.

Quite simply, you should not be fobbed off with excuses. You have shelled out £1600+ for a camera and your contract is with the retailer not the manufacturer. Assuming they have shop go in, plonk it on counter and demand replacement of full refund. If a Mail Order set-up send letter demanding replacement by RECORDED DELIVERY. Good luck.

id like to see them post in this thread with an explaination to be honest but i dont think they will because they'd get their ass handed to them on consumer law.

I agree.
But I'm sure if any of you wish to confirm there policy on faulty returned goods, just phone warehouse express on 01603-486413 and ask to speak to Anna Paton (Sales Manager)
Or if you wish to ask her by direct email , just PM me and I will give you her address

Kay, Have they still not resolved this matter??

I would have expected them to have been on the phone to you first thing this morning.

I see you're down as being in Caithness...

Raise an action against them in Wick Sheriff Court (assuming the terms of WEX sales don't specifically provide for an English jurisdiction) and see how long it takes them to figure out that defending the action will easily cost them more than £1600.

Such a bloody stupid thing for them to argue about though - with that many faults in that space of time it is clearly a dud. They should replace it and then fight the good fight with Canon if they see fit. Trying to mess around with SOGA rights is foolhardy.

This really is ****** poor service on their part and I normally consider them to be pretty good. Oh well, I'll not be shopping with them again in a hurry!

I was just about to spend £1800 on kit with WEX, my money will go elsewhere, terrible service. I really hope they are watching this thread and see just how much they have to lose and have already lost!

I see you're down as being in Caithness...

Raise an action against them in Wick Sheriff Court (assuming the terms of WEX sales don't specifically provide for an English jurisdiction) and see how long it takes them to figure out that defending the action will easily cost them more than £1600.

Such a bloody stupid thing for them to argue about though - with that many faults in that space of time it is clearly a dud. They should replace it and then fight the good fight with Canon if they see fit. Trying to mess around with SOGA rights is foolhardy.

This really is ****** poor service on their part and I normally consider them to be pretty good. Oh well, I'll not be shopping with them again in a hurry!

I have now been intouch with local trading standards.
I now have all info on my rights from them.
And yes we can do in Wicks Sheriff Court , and yes it is bloody stupid.
I just dont understand the logic WEX have on this.

Canon phoned me today and i had a good chat with April about all of this. But as we all know replacement of the camera is down to WEX.
Canon are not too happy at all about this as its there camera/name attached to problem.
They are taking feedback from this and hope all gets sorted soon and surgested again Trading Standards. (that i have now done)
Canon still dont have the camera

I really hope they are watching this thread and see just how much they have to lose and have already lost!

They have been given thread link by me yesterday as has Canon UK and Trading Standards (Inverness)

I dont think Warehouse Express care about this thread, or they would do more. I see this thread has had near on 2000 viewers

Some SERIOUS back-pedalling by WEX to be done here, methinks...

MD needs to sign-up and explain himself...

Don't they know who we are...???

:LOL:

Some SERIOUS back-pedalling by WEX to be done here, methinks...

MD needs to sign-up and explain himself...

Don't they know who we are...???

:LOL:

I have sent a message to the MD, but im not sure he got it. :bang:

I am 100% sure if he knew of all of this he would act.

I for one will never buy from a large photographic retailer again

was about to give them my money for a good kicking by them, dont think i will be doing that in a hurry.
very poor customer service, and have lost in the region of 3000 due to this.
any one recommend a good retailer with good back service as well?

Back