Do I have the only Canon 5D MKII Lemon (Refund given by warehouse express)

What would you do if you was me on Monday 7th June?

• Demand full refund

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Demand Replacement Camera

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Take Camera Back Repaired

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Forget above and take WEX to court

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
Fair point Matty as in "dropped in the sea" scenario (Kay, I am sure it wasn't!) , but as a complete outsider to the thread, (as in no interest other than a Norwich based company being crap!) the sheer lack of communication, acknowledgement of it being faulty, unwillingness to do what they say they will do (send it back to Canon) then surely their reputation is somewhat now tarnished on here........

Seems in the last couple of pages a few well versed TP members are wiping them off their "preferred supplier" lists. Largest store within a couple of hours of me and I will think twice now - ---- excellent sales service - let me play with about £10k of Nikon something with posh glass on a demo day recently - but follow up seems to have a few bits missing here......

As I have said, I can be from my door to their warehouse in 20 mins.... have had a problem in the past, which was resolved in a day, but they seem to be being complete ******s on this....... I just don't get why.

Just read through this whole thread & am disgusted by the way you have been treated! I agree with matty that canon need time to look examine the camera, BUT my main worry is that after all this time wex STILL haven't sent it of to them, are they trying to hide something:shrug:

I am shortly going to be spending a couple of grand on a 3rd back up camera & guess who has just been crossed of my list of dealers to check?

Proper "P" poor service.:thumbsdown:

hey, in their showroom they have a couple of internet pc's so "customers can browse their website".....

I feel a certain thread being loaded up, a chat with Barry, the showroom manager, with "hey, take a look at this..........."

"not your fault Barry, but doesn't paint the company in a good light does it........."

:LOL:

Yes i do understand they need to check that it died from faults of camera and not of user.

hey, in their showroom they have a couple of internet pc's so "customers can browse their website".....

I feel a certain thread being loaded up, a chat with Barry, the showroom manager, with "hey, take a look at this..........."

"not your fault Barry, but doesn't paint the company in a good light does it........."

Sounds like a top idea to me(y)

WHE have offered to repair, that is within their contractual requirements.
In the first instance and if considered appropriate, the seller must offer to at least repair the goods

that is WHE first obligation at this point. if the camera is found to be faulty and is likely to have been so since it was sold, THEN you can demand a replacement.

I do agree that WHE look like they are dodging resposibility, and that camera should have been sent RMSD to canon, i agree with that totally

Kay, yes, you do have the option to get a replacement, but until its been examined (and forget if they do quick checks or not)by an engineer to ascertain the fault, they dont have to. The reason is that you could drop it in the sea, dry it, clean it and return as faulty. if they said 'ahh yeah it wont turn on, heres a new one' they would be left with an item you broke, so it is up to them to get it checked first, THEN they should decide if its a repair or replace.
They are entitled to repair the item in the first instance, it is not a given that you get a new one straight away as the condition of the item needs to be ascertained first.

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/what-are-my-statutory-rights/
http://whatconsumer.co.uk/returning-damaged-or-faulty-goods/

im not trying to argue here, im trying to highlight what is going on, once the camera has been examined then you can start turning the legal screws.

without trying to argue either :D you're still missing a couple of really important things - one of the most important things is that the SoG assumes (its for the retailer to prove otherwise) that the goods were faulty if returned in the first 6 months.-so if WEX were really saying 'we need to get checked properly by Canon' then they should also be saying ' but here is our lone body until its checked.

The assumptions of the SoG very much put the weight of responsibility on WEX in the first instance, and if they weren't doing such a good job of being evasive & unhelpful I'd probably be advising a 'give them a chance' approach as well

Great idea. (y)

canon will repair if it can be repaired, that is normal service. You really do need to wait for the report to come back from canon before threatening legal action. when WHE come back and say what they intend to do, THEN you can get technical with the regulations. you have to let them do what they are doing first. Yes, they could have been a little quicker, and yes, they could come back to you faster, but i'd wager that they are not sitting around playing tiddlywinks all day

OK Thats what i will do. I dont want this thread getting to heated.
I hope to hear from WEX soon and not to long, ie weeks.
I will stick by my statement on, not wanting the same camera back.
Thank you to you all for your advice and help.
I will just have to wait it out and see what happens :crying:

without trying to argue either :D you're still missing a couple of really important things - one of the most important things is that the SoG assumes (its for the retailer to prove otherwise) that the goods were faulty if returned in the first 6 months.-so if WEX were really saying 'we need to get checked properly by Canon' then they should also be saying ' but here is our lone body until its checked.

The assumptions of the SoG very much put the weight of responsibility on WEX in the first instance, and if they weren't doing such a good job of being evasive & unhelpful I'd probably be advising a 'give them a chance' approach as well

I agree with that, it is up to WHE to prove that it wasnt faulty, the lack of speed is not good, but the stance they are taking is, sadly, the standard default stance. Most shops and retailers dont understand SoG or rely on the customer to be unaware of it.

OK Thats what i will do. I dont want this thread getting to heated.
I hope to hear from WEX soon and not to long, ie weeks.
I will stick by my statement on, not wanting the same camera back.
Thank you to you all for your advice and help.
I will just have to wait it out and see what happens :crying:

Apply gentle pressure to chase up on updates, that never hurts.

i just sent an email to WHE, letting them know that I was looking for some feedback on them as I have never used them before as I was considering where to buy my 1D MKIV from, as its a large purchase, and I stumbled across this thread and now will be going to Park Camera's :D

I was wondering if anybody on here has had any problems with there Canon 5D MKII
I've been using one since end of march and all I've had is problem after problem, now its on its way back to Canon
First problem the mirror would freeze this has happened dozens and dozens of times, error 80 reinstall battery.
Spoke to canon a few weeks ago about this but claimed they didn't know of this problem. Odd thing is if you google this problem its all over the internet (maybe canon don't have internet access) Today I spoke to them and they now confirm there is a known problem but didn’t confirm if they new how to fix
Second problem. Last week what seems to be the gasket/seal around the sensor has slipped and covering the top right corner of the sensor. At this point I decided it will have to go back at some point as this was very annoying.
Third problem. Monday it wont take pictures shutter works ok but only comes up with white screen with pink lines or all pink screen instead of image.
So now its on its way to Canon.
This camera has had less than two months usage and has taken less than 700 pictures.
I understand not every camera can be perfect but 3 faults so soon.
This was bought from a UK dealer but I’m not sure of its origins as it had already been opened when I got even the battery was loose in the box and unsealed.
I did inform the dealer of this at the time but they stated “not to worry sometimes they come from Canon like this”
For me it would have gone back to the dealer. This is who your warranty is with and you have the right to reject it.

I have used WEX a number of times, most recently to buy a very expensive Gitzo tripod.

For what it is worth I will never shop with WEX again due to the way they have handled this.

I will be buying a 70-200 VRII Nikkor lens this week and 1.4X Teleconverter as being asked about in this thread but will not consider WEX even though they may be the cheapest, I would hate to be treated in this way if there was ever any need to return an item.

Vote with your feet and they will have to change, otherwise their customer base will shrink pretty rapidly. It is not the first time this type of thing has happened to a big company. It you don't treat your customers well they will go elsewhere.

Cheers

Si.

Why not try Digital Depot, they acted very kindly in the recent Wheels appeal

Reward shops that do look after their customers rather than ones who think they can ride roughshod over an individual

That's what I intend doing for my next purchase whatever it might be

Just seen this on the WEX forum, it concerned a grands worth of monitor

Having looked into the issues regarding your order it would appear that this was caused by a simple mis-pick error in our warehouse, where a damaged monitor awaiting return to supplier was sent out to you in place of the new monitor in stock.

Could this be what happened to you Kay?

Makes you wonder if the staff need better training or something more underhand is at work.
Why would damaged/faulty goods be in the warehouse mixed up with new items, very strange stock control or am I just being a bit cynical

Unsubscribed from their mailing list and linked to this thread

Just for info...
I've just unsubscribed from the WEX emails and sent them a link to this thread at the same time. I doubt it will make any difference, but I too believe in voting with my wallet! The more people do this the better. If enough people refuse to spend money with them they'll start to take notice.

I have used them in the past for quite expensive purchases, and they've been fine. But like everything else things change, not always for the better. Bye bye WEX, you're not having any more of my money.

Monday 7th June up-date

No contact from WEX

EMail to MD last thursday No reply

EMail to Ben, one of wex managers on Saturday No reply

Anna Paton, said last thursday, she would email me when camera sent to canon No contact

Just spoke to Canon. They still dont have the Camera

Wex are taking me for a fool i think

Monday 7th June up-date

No contact from WEX

EMail to MD last thursday No reply

EMail to Ben, one of wex managers on Saturday No reply

Anna Paton, said last thursday, she would email me when camera sent to canon No contact

Just spoke to Canon. They still dont have the Camera

Wex are taking me for a fool i think

Hi Kay,

I'm not sure why you should put up with this. Did your card company send you the forms for a chargeback?

Hugh

Hi Kay,

I'm not sure why you should put up with this. Did your card company send you the forms for a chargeback?

Hugh

Hi
Yes i got this morning forms regarding section 75 of credit act.
Photocopies and forms all ready for posting tomorrow
This does take time.
I have decided in the meantime to wait on Canons report. But first canon need the camera

You have the patience of a saint as my old gran use to say, I really feel for you there is no advice I could give that hasn’t already been given, if it’s any consolation to you I have shown this thread to 2 colleagues in work who were both in the market for a DSLR and both are now giving WEX a very wide berth indeed

Hi
Yes i got this morning forms regarding section 75 of credit act.
Photocopies and forms all ready for posting tomorrow
This does take time.
I have decided in the meantime to wait on Canons report. But first canon need the camera

it does take time - but atleast you won't be paying interest whilst you're without the camer. At the same time I'd follow up with a recorded letter (not email) to WEX's MD asking him to explain the whole sorry mess, and warning him you will start proceedings if its not resolved and the camera replaced within 28 days (I know 28 days is a bit long, but you must give 28 days notice of a claim in England - not sure for Scotland)

Hugh

Given that the retailer has a reasonable period of time to get a product tested, and this period is normally taken as 10 working days from receipt of the item Warehouse Express must be close to reaching this. I would seek advice from Trading Standards on where you stand if the retailer has not sough any advice in this time.

Given that the retailer has a reasonable period of time to get a product tested, and this period is normally taken as 10 working days from receipt of the item Warehouse Express must be close to reaching this. I would seek advice from Trading Standards on where you stand if the retailer has not sough any advice in this time.

where did you get that info from? - I've not come across it before

This has been a shocking read.
So many companies let people down when it comes to faults etc.
And a lot of companies tend to make up their own returns policies.

I see my money is well spent elsewhere, i'll forward this forum thread onto a few other photographer i know that just bought a d700 from them, i get the feeling the rest of the cash will be spent elsewhere... as will my upgrade money.

Good luck with it.
They should have replaced it a long time ago... i sell computer parts and we replace customers parts when faulty and place an rma with manufacturer for the faulty parts. not sure why this cant be done with the camera equipment.

I have just been reading some of the posts on the WEX forum, there are a lot of people having trouble with them at the moment. I will not be ordering anything else from them.

Interesting read. It never ceases to amuse me that people want to fight the customer?!? Not the right way to run a business at all. Warehouse Express should be trying to look out for your needs and help you get this resolved. Not trying to argue about who's responsible for the replacement/refund/repair/whatever. Even if it had nothing to do with WE what about future sales? What about when you upgrade that Canon? I know one thing for sure, they've lost any future business from you and several people on this forum. Lordy, has this woman Anna Paton no common sense? :thinking:

I used to be quite a regular customer there, especially living in Norwich, as they were the local alternative to Jessops..

A few years ago, WEX would have exchanged any faulty camera/lens with hardly any question asked but now this seems to be the reverse.

Maybe the manufacturers have got tougher on what can and cannot go back for credit note and they've had to be more rigorous, or Canon/Nikon et all have refused to credit them with some returns, thus costing them profit...

Just my 2p worth, but either way, it is unbelievable how WEX have dragged their heels over this whole episode :thumbsdown:

I've certainly purchased less and less from them of late, especially as their prices do not seem to be competitive on many lines

I used to be quite a regular customer there, especially living in Norwich, as they were the local alternative to Jessops..

A few years ago, WEX would have exchanged any faulty camera/lens with hardly any question asked but now this seems to be the reverse.

Maybe the manufacturers have got tougher on what can and cannot go back for credit note and they've had to be more rigorous, or Canon/Nikon et all have refused to credit them with some returns, thus costing them profit...

Just my 2p worth, but either way, it is unbelievable how WEX have dragged their heels over this whole episode :thumbsdown:

I've certainly purchased less and less from them of late, especially as their prices do not seem to be competitive on many lines

I had a knackered camera, bought from Jacobs, and they were dragging their heels so I dealt with Canon direct and it was sorted immediately.

I won't be shopping at WEX again after reading this!

I'm so glad i registered on the forum when i did...

I'm waiting for the Canon 70-200 L IS mkII USM lens from digital depot, and unfortunately, through no fault of the guys there, the suppliers keep putting the delivery dates back and back and back... So i started looking around, and considered WEX... I shall now ignore all the emails i've had from them, and wait for DD to get the lens in!!

I would have thought such a big company as WEX would have been a little better to deal with than it seems here!!

WEX, let me down badly last year. I ordered two bodies,in plenty of time, that were in stock, specifically for one job. They were not in stock and the date was looming. LeeP from Togsprints lent me his two bodies to do the event. WEX...........never again.The bodies arrived a week too late.

Togsprints...................(y)

Write a letter of claim, give them 7 days to reply and then issue.

Soon as they get that claim form they will want to settle.

Write a letter of claim, give them 7 days to reply and then issue.

Soon as they get that claim form they will want to settle.

trouble with that is if you give 7 days notice of a claim then the courts (atleast in England) do not see that as reasonable - assuming WEX have lawyers worth anything then you'll lose your costs and if they were minded they'd tie you up around that issue for months while avoiding the real issue of your camera.

It needs to be 28 days.

I'm so glad i registered on the forum when i did...

I'm waiting for the Canon 70-200 L IS mkII USM lens from digital depot, and unfortunately, through no fault of the guys there, the suppliers keep putting the delivery dates back and back and back... So i started looking around, and considered WEX... I shall now ignore all the emails i've had from them, and wait for DD to get the lens in!!

I would have thought such a big company as WEX would have been a little better to deal with than it seems here!!

On a side note, the 70-200 MKII has been out of stock in the UK for a long time. I remember speaking to a guy from canon a few months ago and he said he had only 7 and had retailers chasing with orders for hundreds!

Back