Do I need trigger and transmitter for XPLOR 600PRO TTL?

Name
Charlie
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just purchased a used Flashpoint XPLOR 600PRO TTL Battery-Powered Monolight. Do I need to get the Godox Xpro-N TTL Wireless Flash Trigger Transmitter so that the mono light will work with my Nikon D810 DSLR? In addition, I also need the XPLOR 600Pro to work in sync with my existing SB-910 flash. What type of transmitter or receiver do I need so both can work together?

I have just purchased a used Flashpoint XPLOR 600PRO TTL Battery-Powered Monolight. Do I need to get the Godox Xpro-N TTL Wireless Flash Trigger Transmitter so that the mono light will work with my Nikon D810 DSLR? In addition, I also need the XPLOR 600Pro to work in sync with my existing SB-910 flash. What type of transmitter or receiver do I need so both can work together?

Welcome to TP :)

Yes, you need a master trigger, like XPro-N or X2T-N (or their Flashpoint-branded equivalents). Or if you're in the US, the Flashpoint R2 Pro II-N (exclusive to Adorama).

To sync with your Nikon flash, there are two options. Pretty sure that the SB-910 has an optical slave mode, in which case it will fire when it picks up the flash from the 600Pro, but that will be basic triggering only, in manual. For it to be controlled and fired directly from the Godox radio master, you'll need a Godox X1R-N receiver unit attached to the Nikon flash.

Thank you so much for the response. So I just purchased the Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII 2.4GHz Transmitter for my D810 to work with the XPLOR 600PRO TTL, will the Flashpoint R2 i-TTL 2.4G Wireless Receiver (X1R-N) work on any flash that it is mounted on or only Nikon flashes?

Thank you so much for the response. So I just purchased the Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII 2.4GHz Transmitter for my D810 to work with the XPLOR 600PRO TTL, will the Flashpoint R2 i-TTL 2.4G Wireless Receiver (X1R-N) work on any flash that it is mounted on or only Nikon flashes?

You're welcome. Yes, the Adorama receiver branded as Flashpoint is the one you want - the R2-N (for Nikon) https://www.adorama.com/fprrr2rn.html That will work on any Nikon flash, and should also work on any third-party flash designed for Nikon. Godox transmitters and receivers are brand specific, though the Godox flash units themselves are not and will work with any Godox X series transmitter.

Flashpoint simply over-brands Godox products and they're otherwise identical. A number of other retailers does the same, including Pixapro in UK. Same items, just confusingly different model numbers.

Just a point of clarification (which hopefully @HoppyUK can confirm), while the transmitters and receivers are brand specific, that's only in respect of the camera or flash they are physically connected to - so you need a Nikon fir transmitter on a Nikon camera, and a Nikon shoe receiver for a Nikon fit flash, BUT if you had a Canon (for example) fit flash and a Canon shoe Godox receiver, this could be triggered (with TTL and HSS if the flash supported it) by a Nikon fit Godox trigger.

Just a point of clarification (which hopefully @HoppyUK can confirm), while the transmitters and receivers are brand specific, that's only in respect of the camera or flash they are physically connected to - so you need a Nikon fir transmitter on a Nikon camera, and a Nikon shoe receiver for a Nikon fit flash, BUT if you had a Canon (for example) fit flash and a Canon shoe Godox receiver, this could be triggered (with TTL and HSS if the flash supported it) by a Nikon fit Godox trigger.

Yes, I think it would work, based on my understanding of how Godox does things. But if has to be said, these things can get very complicated and change over time as some camera manufacturers change their protocols deliberately to fox third party players trying to reverse-engineer them (same as happens with third-party lenses) so check Godox compatibility lists.

With that proviso, Godox transmitter-triggers are brand-specific and only work on Canon, or Nikon or whatever. They translate that brand language from the camera into Godox-speak, and that's what they transmit to the receiver attached to the flash (or built-in with a Godox flash unit). So if you have a Nikon-specific transmitter on a Nikon camera, it will trigger any Godox-speaking receiver.

Also note though, you can't fit a Canon gun on to a Nikon-specific receiver - they must be the same brand for full functionality. And be aware that Godox has used different radio frequencies in the past so must be 2.4GHz, better known as the X-Series (not the older 433MHz).

Last edited:
Back