Do Jessops price match?

Edit My Images
No
Hi.
Does anyone know if jessops stores will price match internet prices, if so what do I need to take into the store?
Thanks
Nix

I might be wrong here but, Jessop's as a business are ISO 9002 compliant which Im sure means that they have a set list of policies and processes for the business as a whole. If one store is price matching then they should all be.

I always thought they HAD to pricematch Warehouse Express. According to all local EDI Jessops, that is a hard and fast rule.

I don't think they price match anyone else though,

Gary.

They seem to be getting better at price matching, which is sensible really.

I'll be spending quite a lot in the near future, so we'll find out. I'd *like* to use them, because I want to pop down the road for my kit, but I'll go to the internet if it's cheaper.

used to not sure now as manager laughed at me last time went in with proof of in stock uk company and jessops had in stock.

so dont know now.

you will find most company's will offer a price match or even price beater, however very few high street store's ie comet/currys/currys digital price match websites/on-line stores only unless its there own...
they also usually stipulate the product has to be in stock or available for immediate delivery/of uk spec/and within a certain distance from the shop your trying to get to price match (usually 10miles)

Hmmm, so not much chance of my local macclesfield branch price matching camerabox based in oxford then?

They usually price match for me, against either local suppliers or Warehouse Express. The Gateshead store was the one exception and I just walked away...

Well then I'll go and try my luck this afternoon. Its being bought as a leaving present for me, so it would much easier if it was from a local shop. However if its £10 more then it'll have to be an online order, and yes I've got the price from Kerso!

hmm depends on the store and the staff. i've normally got them to price match or get close to the price. they seem to match misfuds, warehouse express and sometimes cameras2u but it's all down to the manager and that varies between stores unfortunatley

Oh well the local jessops won't, assistant not particularly helpful, didn't even know the difference between a front and rear lens cap! But my local wildings is going to see if they can.

I price matched a new grip to Jacobs last week, even though Jacobs didn't have it in stock. Which I thought was nice and saved me £20.

I asked them to price match a Canon G9 which they had in stock against John Lewis (about 200 yards away) who had it in stock at their warehouse (2 miles away) but not physically in the shop. The Jessops manager phoned Lewis, confirmed that the stock was in the warehouse and then point blank refused to price match as it wasn't available off the shelf, even though I was standing there with cash in my hand and have spent thousands with them in the last 12 months.

I asked them to price match a Canon G9 which they had in stock against John Lewis (about 200 yards away) who had it in stock at their warehouse (2 miles away) but not physically in the shop. The Jessops manager phoned Lewis, confirmed that the stock was in the warehouse and then point blank refused to price match as it wasn't available off the shelf, even though I was standing there with cash in my hand and have spent thousands with them in the last 12 months.

have had similar wont budge and dont seem willing to sell lower. would rather not sell than loose £20 ???????????????????

they also seem to have gone very stream lined on stock held as well lately. maybe due to being in serious **** not so long ago and had to to stay in the market place?

or is it just me?

My local store matched my 400d with amazon - lowest at the time, & 55-250is with 7dayshop which wasn't in stock !

I am after a D300 and see Simply Electronics advertise body only for £910 on the web. Jessops wouldn't match it - they say unless it's with 25 miles of the store.

I managed to get £31 off a new 430ex (£199.99 in Jessops) on Saturday by taking a Warehouse Express ad in (£169). No problem, just asked for the manager, told him I was buying a 430ex and would he match the advertised price.:D

Neil

I'm hoping to get the 430ex in a couple of weeks and will take in a print of the warehouse express price for the flash, I really hope they match, I used to love Jessops but just lately they really suck. Their prices are just ridiculous in this day and age, they are struggling as a firm and should have a bit of come and go to retain customer loyalty.

The branches near Manchester will price match to local stores that also sell online. I managed to get my 1DMkIII from them pricematched to Calumat.

You can't price match internet prices. It's not logical. If they do, you're very lucky.
onestop-digital are an import based company.
Some companies sell refurbishments.
Some companies sell Japanese cameras with Japanese warranties and manuals.
Some companies take your money and leg it.

Price matching the internet isn't a sensible business strategy whatsoever.
Perhaps next time you get arsey because Jessops won't knock £90 off their price, think about your job.
If you're a plumber and someone says that some other guy does a half arsed job for a cheaper price, and they want you to price match him, of course you're not going to.
It wouldn't be worthwhile for your time.

We have a trade price for everything on our stock database, and we can't price match it if its lower than the trade price, which quite often it is. I'm not saying the trade price is the ACTUAL trade price. It's probably hiked up a bit and the extras are shaved off and used to line the greedy little pockets of the Jessops high-ups.
So yeah, next time you think "I can't believe the manager would rather lose a sale than lose money," think about how much of a tard you're being and give the guy a break!

Last edited:
Having bought the 430ex on Saturday I read a magazine on Monday that said Canon are bringing out a 430exII which will knock down the price of the current 430ex. I guess that the Jessops manager knew about the new model and was quite astute in reducing his stock of the 'soon to be' 'old' model. Makes good business sense.

Neil

I was in the Kingston-upon-Thames branch last week and was told by a senior member of staff (who offered this info, rather than being asked) that they'll be doing internet price-matching for a while.
He did say he wasn't sure how long it would last, but it's definitley available.

Gunna bare this in mind when I decide where to get a 40D from, i've seen one online, body only, for £540 brand new.

My local Jessops can pricematch any internet price so long as the internet company is based in Mainland UK and if the item is in stock.

But sometimes also depends on who's on the till. Normally the senior people are considerate.

But sometimes I can't blame them for high prices. Imagine the time they waste for people trying their stock and never buy, instead go home and shop online.

Last edited:
I think its a bit unrealistic to expect a real physical store to price match an Internet site.

They might - if they can still make a margin on the sale - but I can fully understand why they don't.

Jessops in my opinion don't and don't seem to employ many people who are interested/knowledgeable in photography. (based on the crawley store). Every Question asked they seem to refer to the internet.

However, try www.parkcameras.com (might be .co.uk best to google it). They have internet price matched for me a number of times and if you call them they are extremely helpful and friendly.

Hope that helps

Rob

Jessops is usely staffed by Muppets, who wont price match.
On some rare ocations you can find a store staffed by Fraggels, who will price match.
That simple.

:LOL::agree:

but don't dis fraggles! they are awsome.

Damn, now you have the theme to fraggle rock going round in my head :bonk:

"dance your cares away......." :bang:

I went to the kidderminster branch to price match Amazon on a canon 40d and they said they only match against pricerunner and only suppliers on that list which are customer certified.
The only one certified was Currys which was same price as jessops.

Amazon is not customer certified and Jessops website is also not certified, I suppose that would infer jessops shops could not pricematch their own website

The Jessops in Glasgow won't even pricematch their own website, but if you order online you can pick it up there and pay the website price :thinking:

Back