Do mpb normally pay what they've quoted?

If you don't mind me asking, how much did they offer you and what condition did you describe it as?

Please feel free to send via pm if rather not put it on forum :)

Thanks, wondering as I'm selling my 300mm f4 and interested in how much Mpb would likely offer (y)

I described it as excellent (which it is, always had a camo cover on the outside too) and they offered me £475, and they pay for collection too, so no postage costs

It was picked up yesterday, so they should receive it soon and hopefully i will know if i get the full amount soon

I described it as excellent (which it is, always had a camo cover on the outside too) and they offered me £475, and they pay for collection too, so no postage costs

It was picked up yesterday, so they should receive it soon and hopefully i will know if i get the full amount soon

Nice one thank you, Rich (y)

Quite a bit lower than I was after but I suppose they have to buy low.

Have you upgraded to a 500mm or 300mm PF version, out of interest?

Nice one thank you, Rich (y)

Quite a bit lower than I was after but I suppose they have to buy low.

Have you upgraded to a 500mm or 300mm PF version, out of interest?

I have replaced it with the 200-500mm f5.6, and more than happy with it, since i pretty much permanently had a 1.4x stuck to the back of the 300mm anyway, so i get the same speed lens, plus the extra reach and flexibility of the zoom

On a side note, i had been trying to sell my 300mm for several months now with no joy, hence deciding to trade it with MPB for a (hopefully) trouble free trade

And considering i paid around £700 for it a few years ago, i don't think that was a bad price, especially as it is now an old model lens since the introduction of the PF

Last edited:
Bought and sold quite a lot of things through MPB and have never had them quibble on the price they've quoted, I always make sure to state the condition in as much detail as possible though.

I have replaced it with the 200-500mm f5.6, and more than happy with it, since i pretty much permanently had a 1.4x stuck to the back of the 300mm anyway, so i get the same speed lens, plus the extra reach and flexibility of the zoom

On a side note, i had been trying to sell my 300mm for several months now with no joy, hence deciding to trade it with MPB for a (hopefully) trouble free trade

And considering i paid around £700 for it a few years ago, i don't think that was a bad price, especially as it is now an old model lens since the introduction of the PF

Thanks for your help.

My lens was picked up by their courier today, so hopefully it won't take long for them to get back to me :)

I got a quote from them for all my camera gear..... I boxed it all up and at the time didn't realise that I'd put something in the box that I hadn't included in the quote.

When they paid me the money, they paid me the extra for the additional battery that I'd put in.... A brilliant service from them.

I always make sure to state the condition in as much detail as possible though.
And of course with any transaction that's the important bit.

I got what they quoted, when I sold, and within a couple of days too.
They get a big (y) from me.

I've used them several times and have been very happy with the quotes,which were far higher than other dealers.
I described each items condition exactly and always received full payment within a couple of days.
i have no hesitation in recommending them.

I've been waiting 8 days since collection of my gear for payment . Must be some back log

I've been waiting 8 days since collection of my gear for payment . Must be some back log

Just thinking the same thing, i haven't heard back about my Lens yet, which was collected on 12th Jan, perhaps there is a backlog of unwanted Xmas presents being traded in :)

I've sold to them a few times. Great to deal with. I do wish though rather than using a courier they offered a bit more and had you send the items. Waiting in for DPD is a drag.

Price wise I've always got what I wanted bar once with a body they took £35 off to have it cleaned.

Have you had confirmation it has been received, and if so how long did that take, as i am still awaiting confirmation it has arrived at MPB, as the tracking details supplied by DPD are next to useless, according to my tracking number the parcel was picked up on 12th Jan this year and arrived at MPB on 19th Dec last year, they must have flux capacitors fitted to these vans

Have you had confirmation it has been received, and if so how long did that take, as i am still awaiting confirmation it has arrived at MPB, as the tracking details supplied by DPD are next to useless, according to my tracking number the parcel was picked up on 12th Jan this year and arrived at MPB on 19th Dec last year, they must have flux capacitors fitted to these vans

you could call them?

it doesnt normally take that long but maybe they have a backlog from christmas?

Gave me £380 for 24-120 F4, could not go wrong at that price seeing as was getting offers of around £350 on here.

Got the money yesterday - they picked up lens on Friday.

Back