Do mpb normally pay what they've quoted?

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been quoted a decent price from mpb for my camera gear but a guy on av forums has basically told me they never actually pay what they quote. Anyone have any experience of this firm? Is this right enough?

For the items I've sold to them I've always got exactly what I was quoted. Ive sold around 3 lenses and one camera to them. These ranged from around £300 to £2000 and I had no problems at all. I've always thought it's how you describe the condition and feel it's best to use their ratings/condition descriptions as a guide. if you initially say it's better than it actually is to get a high quote, they are going to reduce the amount to reflect the poorer condition once they have inspected it.

I've used them on 5 or 6 occasions and always received the quoted amount.

As above, I've always had the quoted amount. If you're honest with the condition when you enquire, then there shouldn't be a problem

Unless you have overstated the condition of your gear then you'll get what they offer. Be honest at the outset and you'll be alright. I've sold lots to them with no problems.
One of the better companies to deal with. I'd take their word against someone from AV forums.

I've been quoted a decent price from mpb for my camera gear but a guy on av forums has basically told me they never actually pay what they quote. Anyone have any experience of this firm? Is this right enough?
I got paid more and was very critical of my kit listing as "excellent". They paid mostly "like new". Perhaps the guy on AV forums is of the impression that kit that has passed through the digestive system of a coral eating parrot fish it is classed as "like new" rather then "heavily used". Just don't be daft with your ratings and you'll either get what you expect or even better!

Great. Thanks guys. I've certainly described them as honestly as possible.

I've sent a few items to them over the years and usually they give what they offer but i sent in a lens once it had a scratch on the body i even sent a photo after they quoted me just to clearly show it there, So i ended up sending it in and they pointed out the scratch and knocked the quoted price down because of the scratch even though id clearly mentioned and sent a photo of it :thinking:

They sort out the courier though and when i refused the revised quote they always paid to return it to so cant grumble to much i suppose.

Last edited:
Had a few dealings with them and no problems - I received the amount they quoted.

always got what they quoted as well, i suspect the guy on AVforums might be someone who comes out with comments like "mint but scratched" in there sales:D

I've only used them once but they paid what was quoted.

I wouldn't worry about what one person on a forum says. You'll probably find that they've misrepresented their item and now feel it's their right to go online and blame mpb.

Last edited:
Good reading this, as i currently have my old 300mm f4 sat waiting for collection today by MPB

I wouldn't worry about what one person on a forum says. You'll probably find that they've misrepresented their item and now feel it's their right to go online and blame mpb.

So far it's 11 good reviews on here against 1 bad review on av.

Like throttle says the worse that can happen is you turn down the revised quote (if there is one) and they post everything back to you.

I have dealt with them regularly both buying and selling and never had a problem

I too have used them many times and have never had any offer reduced. They do as they say and pay up promptly so I would recommend them to anyone without reservation.

No issues here, just describe accurately and you should be fine. Super quick processing and payment in my experience as well.

I've also bought from them and sold to them and never had any issues. The one time I did have a query they were excellent

Bought and sold with MPB a few times. I've had two "issues" one was an oversight on their part, which was resolved the next day and the other was my mistake, again they resolved it quickly. Excellent company to do business with.

I had a good experience with part-exchanging a lens and separately buying one outright. They agreed my description on the part-ex and paid as agreed. In each case, the condition of the lenses described was correct. Highly recommended.

Never had an issue - they always paid what the quoted. I got more for my 24-120 F4 than people were willing to pay on here.

Fantastic company to deal with. Describe what you're selling honestly and accurately, and I'll doubt you'll have any problems. They have always paid me exactly what they quoted.

Simon.

Same here. Only used them once for 2 items, but paid what they agreed.
(I did have to chase them for payment though. Only 2 days later than originally stated)
I would have no hesitation using them again.

Great. As someone said many positive reviews v one poor review and if i'm not offered what they quoted i'll take the gear back.

Bought and sold with them. They have paid what they quoted and I have found them to be an excellent firm to deal with.

Good reading this, as i currently have my old 300mm f4 sat waiting for collection today by MPB

If you don't mind me asking, how much did they offer you and what condition did you describe it as?

Please feel free to send via pm if rather not put it on forum :)

Thanks, wondering as I'm selling my 300mm f4 and interested in how much Mpb would likely offer (y)

Mpb always paid what they quoted me. The quote is base on what you describe. If you said your equipment is in mint condition but is not, then clearly they will reduce it.

They charge me nothing and send my item back well package when i change my mind.

They tend to give higher price compare to other places.

Bought and sold from them with no issues. Highly recommended.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did they offer you and what condition did you describe it as?

Please feel free to send via pm if rather not put it on forum :)

Thanks, wondering as I'm selling my 300mm f4 and interested in how much Mpb would likely offer (y)
Why not ask MPB?
It costs nothing and you are under no obligation to take things further. I think we have all asked for a price then had to decide if we like it or not. If we do we send the gear off. If we don't we say thank you and goodbye.

Used them a couple of times and on both occasions, paid as quoted.

Why not ask MPB?
It costs nothing and you are under no obligation to take things further. I think we have all asked for a price then had to decide if we like it or not. If we do we send the gear off. If we don't we say thank you and goodbye.

Because when I posted a couple of hours ago, MPB would've been closed!

Rich could've given me a ball-park figure and saved me having to wait until tomorrow evening to find out :)

Back