DO NOT LOOK

Dangermouse

Squeaky Clean
Edit My Images
No
This was taken at 500mm and has been cropped and sharpened a little I could pp it to the max but need honest crit on it as its nearly straight out of the camera, if you dont like it please say why and if you do like it say why also.
The reason is I am trying to find the lens sweet spot without too much tweaking all the exif is still there

Thanks in advance

DSC_0335_filtered.jpg

Last edited:
It looks OK on a monitor but is that what you are wanting or do you want it to look good in a large print.

As you say you could PP it a bit more.

RAW does need PP work any way. Too many think that you should leave as is but I think that we have the tools so we should make things better.

The only crit I can see is that the colours of the clouds look a little odd bu that could be the crop.

Thanks Tiler the sky is as it came out the box this is a copy of the jpeg the raw hasnt been touched yet but the more I look at this the more I want it on canvas due to the plane being very nearly dead centre at me

I'm wondering if just a bit more of a crop might give it that in-your-face, coming right at you feeling, but :shrug; The wee bit of blue sky top left is quite distracting, my eye keeps getting drawn away from the plane and towards that, but with a few minor tweaks I think it could look superb as a large print (y)

The sky is not very nice so a play around with that and a crop but not much, I didnt really think this was any good untill I finally had the time to look properly this afternoon

please feel free to download and play around with it to give me some ideas and let me know where I may have problems with it Eileen has downloaded it and enlarged it to 200% so it should be ok to mess with but if anyone would like the full size jpeg to play around with just ask

an extremely quick edit of the blue sky in the corner just to see see if it works

DSC_0335_filtered-1.jpg

I had a (very quick) go and came up with....

DSC_0335_filtered.jpg

I know I've over done the sharpening, but as I say it was just a quick play around to try an idea...

The crops look good but the second is a bit to bright and contrasty but does do something for the colour on the nose could open up a selective colour shot

Damn I looked not sure about Slimberts edit skies blown :D

but like I say any edits are welcome and it does open the door to a selective color shot so its a good crit in my eyes .... all are going to be explored and the final one I am happy wit will be put up here for the......(y)

remember you lot are playing with an 800 pixel shot and if you do look at slimberts shot and forget the sky its very good and the sky can be sorted later but it could be turned into something different that is a work of art

good thread title :D

I think the plane looks spot on and i would say the prop blur is perfect! Well done :D

Although the sky, to me, looks a tad green? (may be the laptop, ill look on PC later)

Although it probbably goes against the rules of thirds etc, id probbably almost bullseye the prop and try line the wing tips up with the edges of the crop if that makes any sense at all

Not seen a thing... not looked honest :D...

I really like it, perhaps a little more contrast and vibrancy and get it printed... The edit of the sky has worked wonders, a corker (y)

Had to have a little go as well. Went for a dirty, gritty look.

Back