River_slow.jpg

1/2 second.

River_fast.jpg

1/1250th second

I kinda like both! :naughty:

Last edited:
its always best Slow

Michael

out of the gutter again, it even looks like a bigger stretch of water the way it flows down

It's not the speed, it's the quality and you've certainly caught that in both shots :clap:

Gary

Of the two - slow for me. I reckon that the fast one needs something else to grab the attention - a leaping salmon or diving bird or whatever.

I think you've got it just right! A superbly slow start with a rapid and exciting finish! ;)

Now who could argue with that :)

Two cracking images Janice! The slow one wins for me though :)

lol Gary your not lowering the tone again are you

1/2 looks good but please, I could get guess this thread would descend into a furoe of sexual inuendos...I'm not nesscessarily complaining though

Slow! Definitely! That water looks most unpleasant in the 'frozen' shot. I'm thinking bodily fluids! :puke:

No1 for me, sloooowww and wet ;)

I like them both, but it has to be No 2 for me because it shows the real power of the water!!

Thanks for sharing.

:clap:

slow, but then very few people on here agree with my thoughts these days so probably best to go with fast!

slow has a focal point where as fast just seems a random shot!

fast just seems a random shot!

It was actually!! It wasnt a composed shot as such... more a chance to take some trial shots of different speeds really.

Thanks for your replies, folks. (y)

If No2 could be a bit slower then it'd be that one for me.

I'm an Anti-fan of the silky cotton candy wispy fluffy looking type shot.

I prefer the more natural look of water, but just a touch slower shutter than #2'

Nice shots though !

S

I personally hate the really slow smooth-as-silk look as it bares no resemblance to how water looks in real life to me.

A tiny bit of motion blur is good i think.

Slow... Fast just has too much going on

Shot number one is blurry, I dont mean the water, the rocks are also showing motion blur, I think you need to add some weight to your tripod as the water appears to be shaking it.

As for which is best I think it depends on what you are trying to achieve, shot one shows fluidity and flow, where as shot two shows the violence and clashing of the water.

Thanks for your comments. I assumed the rocks were blurry as they had a fine film of water running over them at the same speed as the water in the river. :shrug:

Actually, you are right!! :D

Last edited:
Back