do you need a passport to fly to jersey

Name
rab
Edit My Images
No
as title a few years ago it was just photo id you needed if flying from a airport within the uk i was in the car today and heard a ad about cheap return flights to jersey i was thinking of a short photography trip lol

Would check on that I needed my passport when I flew to Northern Ireland

I've never needed my passport when flying within the UK. You do normally need some sort of ID though. I always took my passport just incase but never been asked for it.

No passport required, it's part of the UK

Jersey is a British Crown Dependency, it's not part of the UK.

Would check on that I needed my passport when I flew to Northern Ireland

Wasn't that just for ID purposes? NI is part of the UK, but you do need a passport to enter the ROI.

30 seconds on the Jersey Tourism Office site

http://www.jersey.com/english/disco...ges/do-i-need-a-passport-to-go-to-jersey.aspx

There are no immigration controls between the United Kingdom (UK) and Jersey and therefore there is no immigration requirement for you to carry your passport or identity card.

Travel to Jersey from the UK

Holders of a British or European passport / identity card.

There are no immigration controls between the United Kingdom (UK) and Jersey and therefore there is no immigration requirement for you to carry your passport or identity card.

However, due to increased security measures at British ports of entry, we would advise all members of the travelling public to carry a form of photographic ID. If you do not have such documents, it would be wise for you to carry a letter from the Home Office confirming your residential status in the UK.

Basically, you don't need a passport to go to Jersey, but you may need one to come back afterward :)

There is, as the Jersey tourist office says, no requirement for a passport, travel between the states of Jersey is within a common travel area.

BUT, in order to fly you need photo ID, so passport or Driving licence (obviously the one with a photo on it!) are the obvious choices.

as title a few years ago it was just photo id you needed if flying from a airport within the uk i was in the car today and heard a ad about cheap return flights to jersey i was thinking of a short photography trip lol

Best to check with the airline.

A photo ID is required and the passport is one way to do this.

ah cheers people i may just look into it more my passport is out of date by a good few years lol i do have a photo Driving licence that is why i was asking if it was still only a form of photo id

Ah, duly noted. I asked the missus as she is usually more knowledgable. I shall put my thumb to my nose and say "ner ner" to her. :D

Jeez, you're getting brave...........;)

Nah, she's a softy

*quickly checks that she's not behind me*
:D

I do that when making disparaging remarks about my ,infinitly, better half Marc.

It's alright, I'd hear her talking long before she walks into my office (and long after). :D

I developed a simple on/off button that affixes to my neck mate.

just sometimes she sees me pressing it to off and I get a cuff around the ear.

In response to the original post, yes I do. It's the only photo ID I have.

Funnily enough, a few years ago my MiL flew up to Edinburgh for a weekend. On the way up, she wasn't asked for photo ID, the fact that she had a ticket was enough but on the flight back, she was asked for some. She has never driven (thank the entire pantheon!!!) and hadn't taken her passport since Scotland IS part of the UK (note date, as of 20/02/2014, it still is... ;)). Luckily she had her bus pass on her though and that was enough to satisfy them that she was who she claimed to be!

Back