"Do you THINK Scotland will vote yes and gain Independence"

What do you THINK the result will be

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, I want to remain positively optimistic:LOL:
MauMauM.jpg

I think it will be no once the undecided voters realise a yes means they will not qualify automatically for Eurovision.

Unbelievable is the word, fact is definitely stranger than fiction in this case

Funny how you guys seem to know so much about whats going on up here.

Funny that I'm not that far from Scotland, and it seems half the population arrive down here every weekend, not too mention the horde that come down to work/study in the offshore industry.

So, yes, no exposure to Scots in the north east of England ;).

I don't believe either Scotland or the remainder of the Union will be stronger if they split. However I do believe both can survive although it won't be as prosperous as the SNP makes out. So with my head I'd like them to stay. I also think the entirety of the UK should have voted on this issue as it affects us all.

However, I fed up of the bleating on, so with my heart I'd actually like them to just do one. I think if there is a no vote this time round referendums will keep getting called until there is a yes vote. I don't get the continued crying about being close to government. The business secretary lives on the same road as me. It takes me 20 minutes to get to Westminster too. Physical distance doesn't make me any closer to Government.

You want independence, well have it, with my good wishes, but don't bleat on about currency unions and dual nationalities. Show some independence and just go. And stupid comments about nationalising BP (& the banks). Last time a country tried that, there was a UK/US sponsored coup wasn't there?

Last edited:
Funny how you guys seem to know so much about whats going on up here.

Not so much. Just the same story from several Scots who have openly said they're voting yes, but who all intend to vote no. They have all felt a lot of pressure to be seen as yes voters. Each of them also knows others intending to do the same.

Edit....that's the only info I have too....from Scots friends. I'm not following it, and to be frank I personally couldn't give rat's ass one way or the other.

Last edited:
Not so much. Just the same story from several Scots who have openly said they're voting yes, but who all intend to vote no. They have all felt a lot of pressure to be seen as yes voters. Each of them also knows others intending to do the same.

Edit....that's the only info I have too....from Scots friends. I'm not following it, and to be frank I personally couldn't give rat's ass one way or the other.
Several? 2? 3? Unless it's thousands, it won't make any difference.

Several? 2? 3? Unless it's thousands, it won't make any difference.

Yes genius, several. :rolleyes:
And if they each know several more, who each know several more....

The only thing that's sure is that sadly Thursday won't be the end of it. The endless blah blah blah post mortems will inevitably follow :(

The only thing that's sure is that sadly Thursday won't be the end of it. The endless blah blah blah post mortems will inevitably follow :(
Hopefully I'll be in the pub celebrating, for the next 2 years:beer:

Hopefully I'll be in the pub celebrating, for the next 2 years:beer:
I hope you`ll be in the pub celebrating as well. On the flip side, will all the pro indy lot finally STFU if the vote is No?

What could be interesting is the turnout percentage - maybe there should be 4 options on the opinion polls - Yes, No, Don't know and CGAF!

Sounds like you're confusing a Ponzi scheme with a referendum.

Same here, some I have spoken to say the Yes zealots act like they are traitors if they even suggest there are deficiencies in the Yes arguments, so they just pretend that they agree and will vote yes, right up until the x hits the No on voting day.

I hope you`ll be in the pub celebrating as well. On the flip side, will all the pro indy lot finally STFU if the vote is No?

I doubt it. I bet They'll say they were intimidated and scaremongering killed it as it was all a right wing Torie plot to deprive Scotland of it's oil and want another chance at the vote.

And that's just it, once you agree to it there's no going back. It's not a general election where you get to choose every 4 years. This is a one time irreversible thing. The stakes are higher, the risks massive. Retaining the status quo risks nothing. If you've got nothing to lose you might feel different but a lot do.

And that's just it, once you agree to it there's no going back. It's not a general election where you get to choose every 4 years. This is a one time irreversible thing. The stakes are higher, the risks massive.

A very important point,one that I agree with entirely.

I doubt it. I bet They'll say they were intimidated and scaremongering killed it as it was all a right wing Torie plot to deprive Scotland of it's oil and want another chance at the vote.

And that's just it, once you agree to it there's no going back. It's not a general election where you get to choose every 4 years. This is a one time irreversible thing. The stakes are higher, the risks massive. Retaining the status quo risks nothing. If you've got nothing to lose you might feel different but a lot do.
Why is it a one time irreversible thing? We've been independent before, then not independent for 300 years. Who's to say we won't be part of another union in the future? Maybe if Scotland really prospers, you could be in one with us:LOL:

Why is it a one time irreversible thing? We've been independent before, then not independent for 300 years. Who's to say we won't be part of another union in the future? Maybe if Scotland really prospers, you could be in one with us:LOL:

You mean once your oil runs out and your public spending is out of control and you've scared off business from through high personal and corporate taxation people will actually want you.

I hope that is not what happens but the manifesto isn't attracting business to stay and new ones to start up. As I said in another thread Scotland could become the Switzerland of the north but it's "social change" policies require the spending of other peoples money, not the creation and conservation of wealth but massive and draconian distribution of what wealth there is to take.

Wait...he has priorities? :LOL:
Well that's one that's a definite (y)

I just wish the British government were just as dermined to get us out of it though :D

Presumably any UKIP members in Scotland are hoping for a no vote.
Not in the EU or the UK renders them obsolete

Presumably any UKIP members in Scotland are hoping for a no vote.
Not in the EU or the UK renders them obsolete

I imagine UKIP members everywhere can at least expect a no vote. ..whatever the question.

With a tiny army, I hear its 800 fighting troops and no nukes what's going to stop Scotland being conquered by another country? Us?! Its not like England would sit and watch it happen.

I think salmond is blagging it. And unfortunately I think Scots will vote yes using their hearts, not their heads. But if they go then they should get f all, after all its their choice NOT ours.

With a tiny army, I hear its 800 fighting troops and no nukes what's going to stop Scotland being conquered by another country? Us?! Its not like England would sit and watch it happen.

Salmond might offer to rent one of the RAF bases that would be surplus post independence to Putin, in exchange for them giving him protection ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back