Does anyone know what mount this is?

Edit My Images
No
Hey folks,
Ive recently bought an optomax 135mm 2.8 lens and i am trying to attach it to my dslr. The mount on the back is a screw thread which almost fits my m42 adapter perfectly (with infinity focus). The screw thread on the lens is too short to fill the adapter fully and the lens is rotated towards the shutter button 120 degrees. Can anyone identify the mount?

Sounds like a T-Mount, its exactly the same size as an M42 mount but with a different thread pitch so you can't mount one on the other without quite likely damaging the thread. The idea of the T-Mount is to allow you to mount the lens on potentially any mount with the appropriate T-Mount adapter. Its an earlier version in essense of the Tamron Adaptall concept where you buy the lens and then an adapter to go with it so you can use it on multiple cameras with different mounts.

What mount is your DSLR? Despite T-Mount lenses not being made for years you can still get adapters to fit modern mounts like 4/3rds, EOS etc.

Heres a link to where you can get decent adapters for pretty much any mount:

http://www.srb-griturn.com/t2-mounts-245-p.asp

Last edited:
On another thread someone has suggested T-mount which looks to the answer, My only concern is that i can mount it without any resistance onto the m42 adapter ring.

One thing you'll have to watch with a T2 is it doesn't stick out behind the mount and catch the mirror or contacts inside the body, that could end up being costly.

Back