Does anyone use a trolley to cart their gear around.

@Les McLean Hi Les, dragging up an old thread as I've been thinking of getting a fishing trolley. Did you continue to get on well with yours?

Gosh,that's nearly 10 years ago :), and yes I did use it for a good while, especially if I had to cart any 'big' lenses around.

But I managed to fall out of a tree around 5 years ago, and managed to smash my pelvis, while they put me back together again, it did mean a cut down on the amount of gear/distance walked, so I never travel very far with any weight of gear now.

Yes, it was a worthwhile purchase, folded up & fit in the boot OK, comfortable walking with it, but needed a couple of bungee cords to maintain stability.

Thanks @Les McLean . Think I'll go for one. Probably only get used once per year for Sunderland Airshow. Bit of a hike from car parking with my 2 bodies, long prime, long zoom, folding chair, packed lunch, drinks and a coat. Sick of doing it ;)

I got a similar trolley last week at Aldi for a tenner. Now trying to work out how to turn it into a portable light rig.

Ive got a VAL pole from the WEX sale which cost a fiver. But I'm guessing the costs will rise as I buy decent brackets to fasten it all together.

Another unmentioned advantage of using these fishing tackle trolleys is they keep whatever kit you've put on them out of wet grass, mud, etc, and you can attach a suitable length/diameter piece of plastic pipe to act as a caddy for tripods, monopods, etc.

I got a similar trolley last week at Aldi for a tenner. Now trying to work out how to turn it into a portable light rig.

Ive got a VAL pole from the WEX sale which cost a fiver. But I'm guessing the costs will rise as I buy decent brackets to fasten it all together.

Not cheap, but I read that the guy behind CamKarts was working on a variant which could serve as a light stand too.

Not cheap, but I read that the guy behind CamKarts was working on a variant which could serve as a light stand too.
I heard that too.
I don't particularly like the Camkart my idea is closer to a light stand on wheels I can attach the Safari battery pack to.

Back