Does this exist? SATA power to old style connector.

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
I put a PCI firewire card into dell computer however it requires an old style power connector, the one that is usually white with 4 pins.

The trouble is the Dell power supply only gives the newer SATA power connectors, what can I do?

I think I have a drawer full at work - if you can wait a couple of days I can get one to you for a small donation to TP?

Cheers,
James

you guys are life savers, trouble is I need one for tomorow.
If I have no luck with PCworld... or another local PC component shop i might take you up on that offer Moo3h

No, I need something that connects to a SATA power plug and goes to a female 4 pin Molex plug.

one of the questions in that does help though..
Q) I have a Star Removable caddy that has a molex 4 PIN connector (male) on it. My PC has only SATA power connections. WOuld this cable be the correct one to connect my caddy hdd to the PC. - J P

A) i am afraid not (we do not stock a female sata ower connector to moles i am afraid) [/B]

as said you can get them, think i may have one lying around somewhere if its needed and you dont get sorted

No, I need something that connects to a SATA power plug and goes to a female 4 pin Molex plug.

one of the questions in that does help though..
Q) I have a Star Removable caddy that has a molex 4 PIN connector (male) on it. My PC has only SATA power connections. WOuld this cable be the correct one to connect my caddy hdd to the PC. - J P

A) i am afraid not (we do not stock a female sata ower connector to moles i am afraid) [/B]

Spudgun's reply is exactly what you asked for.

Back