Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

Dudley-20120624-00071.jpg

Heres one of the inlaws dogs took off my phone

Last edited:
GMAN, i gotta say that shot of your beagle is brilliant, absolutely love it. i got some of my springer in the grass and like you said, the AF is worth it weight in gold with al the logn grass and dissapearing into the grass!!

<3 it, alwways has a little thing for beagles...:)

Cheers both for the compliments. I think I would have really struggled to do it with the 5D!

what camera do u use graham? i was using my d300 which did a pretty good job, i got 1 pretty good one but got a husk of grass covering her face, i might have a go at cloning it out and posting it up cause her expression is hilarious.

D3 with the 80-200 2.8, was using 51-point tracking (not 3D though) but it was struggling a little bit so I changed it to 9 point and although I had to frame more carefully it also started nailing the focus almost every time. I've heard that the autofocus works a little quicker if you use less points (especially the more sensitive ones) and it seemed true in this case.

I also changed the Focus Tracking Lock-on to 'long' to allow for the constant long grass getting in the way!

Few from yesterday:
7456275786_e7d9da6bd9_b.jpg

and, although this isn't a perfect shot, this one shows the relationship between my two dogs come "play" time:
7462958320_f99e40f470_b.jpg

Took this at my parents in law's house whilst picking up my wife from work with my new to me X100

Cavalier by TCR4x4, on Flickr

Loving these dog photos, could look at them all day.

Anyone own any Setters? I'll put a couple up of my Gordon Setter soon-ish!

also loving this thread! one of the reasons im looking into buying a dslr is to take photos of my boxer, heres a couple of him ive taken on my phone but rest assured when ive got a new camera i will take some better ones!

from this!

216924_10150716098955276_1909809_n.jpg

to this!
577572_10151752453230276_145077560_n.jpg

I guess this pretty much is the "My Dog" angle... it's a bit generic and greetings card like, but i'm going to play the noob card with this one and won't do it again! Here it is anyway - Meet Gracie.

graciepuppycrop.jpg

She's gorgeous. One of my neighbours has got a lovely Staffy pup, but I dread to think what sort of life she has as the owners are always shouting at the poor thing. Its about 12 weeks old I think so its only a baby still. :(

Back