Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

Havana and Lucy with the sunlight shining through the blinds.

P1007373-XL.jpg

P1007377-XL.jpg

One of my favourite dogs on our flyball team to photograph. Runs like a complete lunatic but poses so beautifully too. Critiques always welcome, I'm only about 6 months into photography as a serious hobby.

IMG_7497-denoise-raw.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7190-denoise-raw.jpg
    IMG_7190-denoise-raw.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 4
BTW, the blue collar's you see on the dogs are GPS tracking collars. Make keeping track of them easy!

Which ones do you use? I used to use one which used a PAYG and a free app and it was pretty decent, but a few other dog owners all seem to use this subscription service and I'm wondering if that would be better?

Which ones do you use? I used to use one which used a PAYG and a free app and it was pretty decent, but a few other dog owners all seem to use this subscription service and I'm wondering if that would be better?
I use the garmin 320. Pretty old but works great. Tracked a dog one time at ust over two miles!

Ah crap, I forgot that they have their own receiver. I'd just be looking for one that uses an app on a phone as my wife will never carry what looks like tactical gear lol

Had a successful AF day with the D810. Used Group AF most of the time instead of 3D tracking and it seems to have done a fine job, even in demanding conditions.

View attachment 391427

View attachment 391429

View attachment 391430

View attachment 391431
Really like those running shot's. Something about a running dog trip's my trigger. Also for me anyway, hard to do and focus on eye's. I try to focus on eye's by focusing on the head and works once in a while. Make that, once in a great while! #2 and #3 are my favorite's!

P1017353.jpg

It appears I live in this thread now! I was out trying to photograph some birds but bumped into the wonderful Bailey on her walk. Despite only having my huge telephoto on me, we made it work!

I would photograph dogs for people all day, every day if I could.

Unless someonehas tried that shot, hard to tell them how hard it is. Don't think I've ever got one with the eye's that sharp! Actually not even close!

Unless someonehas tried that shot, hard to tell them how hard it is. Don't think I've ever got one with the eye's that sharp! Actually not even close!

Thanks, on this occasion there were very few indeed. This one was wide open at f/2.8, but sometimes I will use f/4 or higher to give me a little more dof and leeway which can really help because of the length of her snout lol

Back