Donald Trump

Nothing lasts very long in Leake Street before it gets painted over with some other artists work. It's a constantly changing treasure trove of temporary art.
Yes. It's a shame that things are so temporary down there. So of the work in there is high quality art.

Yes. It's a shame that things are so temporary down there. So of the work in there is high quality art.

I quite like the temporary nature of it, it's one of the reasons I go there, to capture the work while it's there before it's painted over with something else. It also means it's different each time I visit, with something new and wonderful to see every time.

Do you know how they paint the ceiling/roof? It's a long way up so do they bring in scaffolding or similar?

Yes, they use scaffolding I think, I've seen some setup and pushed against the wall. There was some very intricate, highly detailed black and white work on the ceiling a little while ago, I didn't look to see if it's still there on Saturday, and that could only have been done from very close up.

Yes there's a big black and white portrait on the ceiling down the far end. Almost impossible to get a decent shot due to the overhead lights but it must be 30 feet long.

I took an HDR of it. I'll see if it's worth putting up.

Here you are. Not a very good shot, but the lights were shining upwards and blowing out everything. This is a 9 shot HDR, and it's still far from perfect, but you gt the idea of what there is.
FUJI2571_HDR.jpg

19466-1516034484-05a027b229196f36e267aed426c977fa.jpg

Yes, got a picture of that a while back.

Leake Street had this message for Trump a while ago too:

19471-1516101810-e600470db860dda5c488a6fc8e62ab76.jpg

He must be quite popular amongst the street art community.

Back