Donna Nook Seals 2017

Very nice Martin
I like the still images at the end.
Please tell me their space was respected, and that everyone stayed on the right side of the fence...

Very nice Martin
I like the still images at the end.
Please tell me their space was respected, and that everyone stayed on the right side of the fence...

Thanks, Paul. Yes everyone stayed behind the fence and even moved when the wardens asked people to move away as they monitored the stress levels. Don't think in the four years I have visited I have yet to see someone trying to get over the fence line :).

If you can get down to the waters edge you can get some great shots.It's just getting out there that is the problem.

If you can get down to the waters edge you can get some great shots.It's just getting out there that is the problem.
If you go down to the waters edge at Donna Nook you are entering onto an RAF bombing range. You are also disturbing seals during their critical breeding period and taking the risk of being amongst some pretty large and mean Bull seals. Other than that you might get some decent photos of seals at the waters edge which wont be much different to photographing them from the fenceline.

Nice little video, I've thought of trying video but never really gave it a good go. Watching documentaries like blue planet makes me want to but I know still are still my thing.

I've never been to Donna Nook. Ive gone to Horsey out of pupping season when the beach is open. I don't like the idea of stepping over the rope just to get a photo, to be honest I went once one in the pupping season to take the wife and I didn't like the huge number of people there. I like getting out and being on my own or one of a few people in a location. It seems like I just like to avoid places with lots of people when seeing nature is concerned.

Nice little video, I've thought of trying video but never really gave it a good go. Watching documentaries like blue planet makes me want to but I know still are still my thing.

I've never been to Donna Nook. Ive gone to Horsey out of pupping season when the beach is open. I don't like the idea of stepping over the rope just to get a photo, to be honest I went once one in the pupping season to take the wife and I didn't like the huge number of people there. I like getting out and being on my own or one of a few people in a location. It seems like I just like to avoid places with lots of people when seeing nature is concerned.

Thank you, Rob. This can be the trouble with Donna Nook esp at weekends. But sometimes the best time is nice and early about 8 am - 9 am before the crowd start to arrive. Was a little late this time around, and luckily more were arriving as I was just leaving.

Back