Donna Nook So sad

Name
Lesley
Edit My Images
Yes
"Seal pupping weekly update 2011"

"Monday 28 November
Beach and viewing area closed to all visitors
An unusually high tide has washed away part of the fence and damaged the path. Seals are spread throughout the public viewing area, pups have become separated from their mothers and some pups have been washed out to sea.

The viewing area is currently closed to all visitors. The distressed seals need peace and quiet in order for mothers to relocate their pups. In addition, with seals within the public viewing area, public safety cannot be guaranteed."

Had a wonderful day there on Friday and now this poor little things. Brought a tear to my eye when I saw todays update.

Well thats a turn up for the books.
What with the wardens standing around the entrance in groups,
to TRY and stop people getting on to the beach!
(Which when pressed, they will admit to having no legal right to do so ;) )
Seems that the only way to see them now is just that ;)

Well gaurding the way to the beach on Friday was a rather agressive mother, as her pup was asleep against the gate and a nearby bull was being warned off along with anything else who happened to come close by.

I think she was giving the wardens a day off *** I didnt see anyone venture down there after the flag had been taken down mid morning.

An update has come up, they have re-opened
Thursday 1 December
The viewing area at Donna Nook is now open. Before visiting please read our visitor guidelines (below).

Elsewhere on the coast: please be vigilant for the presence of seals. These animals are under stress and may bite if approached. Please do not get too close to any seals. Keep to paths. If possible do not bring dogs or keep them on a short lead and under close control. Do not bring dogs to Donna Nook.
http://www.lincstrust.org.uk/wildlife/index.php#380

:)

Back