Dont Forget To Change The Time On Your Cameras

Thanks for the reminder. I certainly would have forgotten ... Now added to a longish list of domestic stuff with clocks built in ... Microwave (tick), cooker (tick), TV x 2 (tick), radio alarm (tick), cameras x 2 (tick) .... Sure there must be more ....

Won't bother. Watches and some clocks yeh but that's about it. Most other things will see to themselves.

I've not used any cameras in months and everything apart from microwave sets itself :)

No clocks on any of mine - well, perhaps on one but I've never card about what time a picture was taken so I doubt if I will bother.

Steve.

Mine all stay set to GMT. Saves chopping and changing every time zone change and Spring/Autumn.

Raymond/Ziplok, I think you mean October rather than August (in Europe, at least!)

Mine all stay set to GMT. Saves chopping and changing every time zone change and Spring/Autumn.

Same here - cannot be bothered with the clock changing nonsense.

glad i looked at mine totally wrong and the wrong year too and it matters if you are in a project where these things have to be right...:banghead:

Already done mine, along with the house clocks. Just gotta do the ones in the car, something I hate doing, as I cant recall how to do it on the cars.

POTY for one date wrong can cause problems ok so that is not the time but still stands makes sense to check.. that sort of thing..

As much as I prefer putting the clocks back for the extra hour ;)
I do prefer the physical act of putting the clocks forward. Always easier to do...especially the car :D

I do prefer the physical act of putting the clocks forward. Always easier to do...especially the car :D

Why bother? It's in the garage most of the time! :p

I keep my cameras on GMT, wherever I am in the world. Keeps life simple.

The sense of this came to me on a trip to the USA. We were in Arizona ( MST=GMT-7 ) and I had set the camera to local time. We crossed into California ( PST=GMT-8 ) so I reset my watch and the camera. And then the next bunch of pictures were all out of synch because their timestamps showed they had been taken before the previous ones.... So from then on I've just keep it at GMT.

Reactions: Nod
Check the coolant level then!!!

I was a little surprised that the car doesn't have a radio controlled clock but it took all of 10 seconds (WITHOUT looking at the manual!) to sort it. Mrs Nod's car was even easier - there are 2 buttons, one marked "+" and that's the one she used to set it. Of course, she doesn't wear a watch so it may not be right but it'll be close enough (until I'm in it and can set it spot on!)

I think all our clocks are now done but I know I missed one in October last year since it was set to DST when I went to change it this morning! (I keep an old watch in the car in case I forget to put one on before going out since I feel naked without one on.)

Back