Dorset

Very cool composition, Kevin but I can
not oversee the halos in two and five.

You're on to something very good!

Last edited:
Thanks gents indeed the Halo with the cap stoop on the top was always going to be the case as we photographers are full aware of, as for 5 given the conditions please put your Magnifying Glasses down Qc.....please!!

Last edited:
Lovely set of images Kevin, no fav's, liking all of them very much.(y)

George.

Not sure why you get so defensive Kevin when someone points out an issue with some of your pics. You have posted in the crit section... Expect to get crit. The halo's are very obvious and ruin the shot imo. It would look far better left as a silhouette without the lightening of the rocks/figure.

For me, #3 is the pick, I love it when the light highlights a building like this, really brings the image alive! I've been trying to get a shot of a castle near me like this and have failed miserably up to yet... Perhaps I should give it up as a bad job.

Have been in here for a number of years and have always shared in this section David..... OK so I share an image 800 on the long edge? then all fellow members shout out you will get more feedback if you post a larger image.....do they not? I have been down this road with QC before and it is becoming a little boring now he should know better when it comes to printing against to posting on the www

So why not try and take his advice and tone down the halo or lighten the rocks a little more selectively/sympathetically? I used to get a lot of halos due to my processing style and general lazyness causing me to just rush in and bodge it with too big a brush in Lr. Slowing down and taking my time has helped a lot. I still get the odd one but it doesn't look too obvious and i am very critical of my own work so probably notice it more than others would.

If i post pics i normally go with 'large 1024' on the drop down menu in Flickr as i find it gives a good enough size to view without putting the thread all over the place on TP.

His advice like yours went out of the window when the sun made an apperance after I was stood their for around 2 hours in anticipation that light moment which so just happened AND when a person decided to cilmb up on top of the rock so YES halo inevetable ps never used Lr OR should I?... as for brushes are you serious now that is being lazy IMO and agree with you to a certain extent, I use a brush inmy pp for dust BUST

Last edited:
How was the halo inevitable? I don't understand. It wasn't there when you clicked the shutter, it has been caused by your PP so it isn't inevitable and is avoidable surely?

Have just viewed this again on my mobile phone and yes the halo is very much noticable my wrong for sharing to big a file size, I dont find it to much viewed on a PC

Mod's can you please delete this thread.
Regards
Kevin

Have just viewed this again on my mobile phone and yes the halo is very much noticable my wrong for sharing to big a file size, I dont find it to much viewed on a PC

Mod's can you please delete this thread.
Regards
Kevin

I am confused, what has the file size got to do with the halos? They would be visible whatever the size posted and I am afraid I agree with others, spoil what are otherwise excellent photos otherwise.

I'm interested in your PP you say brushes are lazy? Can you explain please? Really interested on what your method is.

Every PS user I have ever seen uses brushes.

I'm interested in your PP you say brushes are lazy? Can you explain please? Really interested on what your method is.

Every PS user I have ever seen uses brushes.

I've never used PS either to date anyway and have always tried my hardest to get it right in camera the only time I have used a brush is to remove dust bunnies from sensor

Back