Double Your Internet Speed for Free!!! …really?

Personally I wouldn't generate traffic to his YouTube and increase the liars ratings or earnings

That does not help me much to understand WHY?, Paul!
I'm sorry it's the Internet and not everything posted is true......He is lying.

Why.....to fool those with no technical knowledge. ..For a laugh at the number of hits he gets and how many he imagines is trying it.....It generates income as get rich quick etc type posts suck many in.

HE IS JUST LYING BECAUSE HE CAN

HE IS JUST LYING BECAUSE HE CAN

So not just a joke then :)
It's not as if you had to buy something fom him to perform the technical miracles.
It is quite interesting how a convincing delivery can (almost) make people believe anything though

Not really just a p*** take on non technical and frustrating trying to convince them it's not real.........There is enough misinformation as it is....plus it's raining and not in best of moods :).

He does make money from the ads and I wasted mobile data quota

Last edited:
He does make money from the ads and I wasted mobile data quota

I tried it on my home account which has a huge quota, so it didn't cost me anything except time. I'm thinking of sending him a bill for the 60 seconds or so I spent trying to figure out if he's a confidence trickster or just an idiot. I'm currently inclining to "both".

Anything too good to be true…

I got no idea, Paul, please tell me why it is rubbish…
There are several reasons why. The most obvious is that he is only working on the Ethernet cable between the modem and computer but this is not the limiting factor on your internet speed - that both is the telephone system and the provider's system.

There is also the fact that wrapping one multi-core cable around another multi-core cable will not work - it would work theoretically for a single core cable but that is not what an Ethernet cable is.

So according to this I can get 400mbps on my virgin line.
Really?

His content doesn't even succeed in it's apparent aim to be amusing.

Try the TV series "Look Around You" for amusing nonsense done properly :D

That is funny, but for what? If you have modem, yes, but if you have 10 or more Mbs of speed it is quite good.

well that wasted time I'll never get back.

it looks like he's claiming to make a shielded ethernet cable. however what this has to do with your internet speed as it is LAN side and not internet side I have no idea. you won't get speeds that your line cannot support no matter what you do, let alone on the LAN side which has nothing to do with the internet speed.

tl;dr - it's total horlicks.

This has been on the internet since 2011, and it doesn't work . checked the stats and he's had over 14 million views

Sometime ago I found that the only way to get close to the speed you pay for if at all is to use a RJ45 (Ethernet) cable.
Some will never get near their advertised speed.
However, for those of us lucky enough to be able to do so using an Ethernet cable to your PC will get you as close as possible when compared to using your routers Wi-Fi signal.
Twice now, 3 years ago was the last time I tested this and also to the Virgin engineers disbelief until I proved it.
Before he went he tested the speed and approx 2/3rds was obtained via Wi-Fi.
Using the Ethernet cable got me the full speed as mentioned much to his disbelief.
Him thinking it would make no difference.
Last November I purchased a Canon pro 100s printer which has USB 3, Ethernet or Wi-Fi connections. The Ethernet was fastest at file transferring which I timed the same 4gb file via each method, USB 3 and Ethernet (didn't bother with Wi-Fi as I already know its slower than cables).
Of course you would need to ensure your Ethernet is minimum 1gb not the older 100mb version to beat USB 3 or even USB 2
Using an Ethernet cable via your internet router assuming you have a spare port doesn't use your internet in anyway but the router as a portal to pass through.
Ethernet routers are cheap enough if yours hasn't a spare port.
Meaning even my 70mb internet which most oddly is always 74mb would be very slow so why use the Wi-Fi if (even slower) when you can easily network a printer via a cable.

again however that's increasing your network speed, not your actual internet speed.

modern routers shouldn't be that bad (excluding outside factors such as interference and walls), the stock VM router with 5Ghz WIFI isnt actually that bad. get the full 150Mb from mine depending where you are in the house.

Sometime ago I found that the only way to get close to the speed you pay for if at all is to use a RJ45 (Ethernet) cable.
Some will never get near their advertised speed.
However, for those of us lucky enough to be able to do so using an Ethernet cable to your PC will get you as close as possible when compared to using your routers Wi-Fi signal.
Twice now, 3 years ago was the last time I tested this and also to the Virgin engineers disbelief until I proved it.
Before he went he tested the speed and approx 2/3rds was obtained via Wi-Fi.
Using the Ethernet cable got me the full speed as mentioned much to his disbelief.
Him thinking it would make no difference.
Last November I purchased a Canon pro 100s printer which has USB 3, Ethernet or Wi-Fi connections. The Ethernet was fastest at file transferring which I timed the same 4gb file via each method, USB 3 and Ethernet (didn't bother with Wi-Fi as I already know its slower than cables).
Of course you would need to ensure your Ethernet is minimum 1gb not the older 100mb version to beat USB 3 or even USB 2
Using an Ethernet cable via your internet router assuming you have a spare port doesn't use your internet in anyway but the router as a portal to pass through.
Ethernet routers are cheap enough if yours hasn't a spare port.
Meaning even my 70mb internet which most oddly is always 74mb would be very slow so why use the Wi-Fi if (even slower) when you can easily network a printer via a cable.
Which is exactly why when ISP's ask you to do the speedcheck they ask you to do it wired directly into their router. That has nothing to do with increasing your internet speed, it is about eliminating networking issues that are within your control but not theirs. Much to his disbelief says more about his understanding, or your interpretation of his disbelief than reality. Two thirds is absolutely spot on if you were using Wireless G ;)

But on the OP, vlogging is big business. The young chap in the road bought his parents that house, drives around normally in his Lambo. All those hits is pure cash for them. Click bait is big big business.

Last edited:
You can do what you like with the cable...it all goes into the same bottleneck at the plug, or outside, it will depend on how much the network down the road can take, surely.

Wrapping cables around each other will do nothing, they are not even joined. It depends what your provider can send you with regard to speeds and other determining factors would include how far you are from an exchange.

But on the OP, vlogging is big business. The young chap in the road bought his parents that house, drives around normally in his Lambo. All those hits is pure cash for them. Click bait is big big business.
Really, I wonder if theres any openings for an overweight, middle aged bald man :D

Really, I wonder if theres any openings for an overweight, middle aged bald man :D
Like with anything, only a few will rise to the top :) Besides, join the queue matey if he requires an overweight, middle aged bald(ing) man, he lives in my street :p

Like with anything, only a few will rise to the top :) Besides, join the queue matey if he requires an overweight, middle aged bald(ing) man, he lives in my street :p

As the saying goes: life is like a septic tank, and only the biggest jobbies rise to the top.

I had to chuckle watching that.

Its nonsense.

What if you don't use an ethernet cable at all? I mean, your ADSL line terminates on your router (this is not an ethernet cable) and you connect to said Router wirelessly.....how would you do what he is telling you to do as you have no ethernet cable?

Your internet speed is dictated by the length and quality of the copper cables from your local junction box.
The only way to improve your actual internet speed itself is to move house closer to the telephone exchange or upgrade to a FTTC/FTTP connection.

I had to chuckle watching that.

Its nonsense.

What if you don't use an ethernet cable at all? I mean, your ADSL line terminates on your router (this is not an ethernet cable) and you connect to said Router wirelessly.....how would you do what he is telling you to do as you have no ethernet cable?

Your internet speed is dictated by the length and quality of the copper cables from your local junction box.
The only way to improve your actual internet speed itself is to move house closer to the telephone exchange or upgrade to a FTTC/FTTP connection.
Or fix the internal wiring in the property.

Assuming there is a problem with it.

If you live in an old property it may have an issue but an ISP loves to blame internal wiring without evidence.
Well naturally, if there isn't a problem then why fix it ;) For me rewiring the main socket, moving the alarm installation on the proper extension point, using the latest version plate which make better contact than the old screw terminals, changed my stead connection speed from 17 to 42. Been steady at that for 8 months now. Definitely worth checking.

Back