Doubling your Power with Godox

Single pin only relates to the output of the pass through hot shoe on the transmitter.
I'll see if I can dig out my X1TN and XTR16 and get it to work consistently with my kit (AD200/D850) sometime today and get back to you.

Last edited:
The closest I can get to your setup:
D850, Manual, 1/640, 1/250* (auto FP)
AD200, Antenna-off, Manual, XTR16, Ch-A
X1TN, Ch-A, Manual 1/1, menu option #9-off

It fired at 1/640 with flash every time.
If menu option number #9 is turned on the X1T only sends communications when triggered (or forced); that might be your issue. If you adjust the power setting on the X1T, and the flash doesn't immediately change setting as well; option #9 is on.
(the shoot menu option I mentioned earlier is the same thing, but for the X1Pro)

@sk66 I had a play around with menu option 9 and the single pin setting and after turning them off then on again. It has started working. Maybe a 1 in 10 misfire but other than that reliable. Thanks so much for your time and advice. Thank you to everyone in this forum for your advice as well. Legends!

Glad you got it sorted.
An occasional misfire could be just positioning/distance. Most transmitters/antenna have a "cone of silence"... an area they transmit *around* and which gets missed. I know it could be an issue with the first Godox transmitters (along w/ others). The X1Pro has a setting for short distances, but I don't know what it actually does.

Hello,
I would like to ask if there is a new way how to get "hypersync, powersync" working with Godox strobe. I recently switched camera brand from Pentax to Nikon and before I was using Cactus V6II with pentax flashes 360FGZ and Metz 58 af-2. Now I need to get new flash system and thinking of buying godox, but I want the hypersync, powersync feature for action sport in bright condition. As I am rading this topic it looks kinda complicated. You are writing about getting the XTR16 but it is USB and these new flashes have only micro usb or usb C. I am thinking get the new AD300pro, X2T transmitter, and V860II or V850II. Also I coulndt find if the adorama R2 Mark II transmitter is working for hypersync or not.

So how could I get hypersync workin with new godox flashes ? Or is it easier now, can't find anything in the manual on website. I still have the cactus V6II but want to sell them. If I can use them for the powersync (that is how cactus call it). Also I didn't buy any Godox product yet because want to know before if this this setup will work as I want before I will buy it.

Thank you

Last edited:
Hello,
I would like to ask if there is a new way how to get "hypersync, powersync" working with Godox strobe. I recently switched camera brand from Pentax to Nikon and before I was using Cactus V6II with pentax flashes 360FGZ and Metz 58 af-2. Now I need to get new flash system and thinking of buying godox, but I want the hypersync, powersync feature for action sport in bright condition. As I am rading this topic it looks kinda complicated. You are writing about getting the XTR16 but it is USB and these new flashes have only micro usb or usb C. I am thinking get the new AD300pro, X2T transmitter, and V860II or V850II. Also I coulndt find if the adorama R2 Mark II transmitter is working for hypersync or not.

So how could I get hypersync workin with new godox flashes ? Or is it easier now, can't find anything in the manual on website. I still have the cactus V6II but want to sell them. If I can use them for the powersync (that is how cactus call it). Also I didn't buy any Godox product yet because want to know before if this this setup will work as I want before I will buy it.

Thank you

The important point is that you need to bypass the internal receiver and stop the transmitter doing HSS, I will have a play with the XT2 and come back to you

Mike

quick question! Been trying to learn to hypersync with ad200, I have an xtr16 receiver, when I plug it into the usb port on the ad200 it flashes red for like half a second. I can not for the life of me figure out how to get my transmitter, I have the x2t and x1t ( I have tried both ) to get the ad200 to fire at all from it. Have held down and shut the wireless off where it just shows the power and M and no channel or wireless symbol. have tried turning on and off S1 and S2 but nothing, do I just have a bad xtr16? bad usb port? When I tap the test button the receiver doesnt have a corresponding light blink. it also works fine with regular HSS.

quick question! Been trying to learn to hypersync with ad200, I have an xtr16 receiver, when I plug it into the usb port on the ad200 it flashes red for like half a second. I can not for the life of me figure out how to get my transmitter, I have the x2t and x1t ( I have tried both ) to get the ad200 to fire at all from it. Have held down and shut the wireless off where it just shows the power and M and no channel or wireless symbol. have tried turning on and off S1 and S2 but nothing, do I just have a bad xtr16? bad usb port? When I tap the test button the receiver doesnt have a corresponding light blink. it also works fine with regular HSS.

Hold the mode button down for about 2 seconds and it turns the radio off (AD200PRO has dedicated button for this) make sure you are in manual, quick presses on mode toggle between M, TTL & Multi - just tested with an XT16 transmitter and works fine - tested with XPRO-N and works OK - buttons 1,2,3,4 to ON, on XTR16 is channel 16, 1,2,3,4 set to 1,2,3,4 is channel 1 - Power button set to 0 (found that changing power button can have funny results) - XT16 is single pin but there is no single pin mode on XPRO-N so not possible to do this

As you also have an X1T I just tried my Nikon version on a D5, set CN Fn 01 to ON (single pin) and tested and it worked as expected at 1/8000 second with about a stop difference

Mike

Last edited:
Hey Mike thanks for your response, I kept trying but couldn't get a connection but then saw posts on a facebook group totally irrelevant to hyper sync where someone was talking about the ID settings. I went into the ID on both my ad200's and X2t transmitter, they were all set to off, I went in and scrolled thru the numbers and chose OFF again for them all and magically they all started working.

Both my AD200's are now hyper syncing on 1/1 power which im excited to try out, thanks for your help.

Does anyone have a suggestion for the best receiver to use on my ad400pro to add it in? sync port with cable or is it possible to use an ADAPTER LIKE THIS for a XTR16 receiver as well?

Also looking to getting an ad300pro soon will have to figure that one out as well. assuming its the same usb c and 3.5mm sync port.

Hey Mike thanks for your response, I kept trying but couldn't get a connection but then saw posts on a facebook group totally irrelevant to hyper sync where someone was talking about the ID settings. I went into the ID on both my ad200's and X2t transmitter, they were all set to off, I went in and scrolled thru the numbers and chose OFF again for them all and magically they all started working.

Both my AD200's are now hyper syncing on 1/1 power which im excited to try out, thanks for your help.

Does anyone have a suggestion for the best receiver to use on my ad400pro to add it in? sync port with cable or is it possible to use an ADAPTER LIKE THIS for a XTR16 receiver as well?

Also looking to getting an ad300pro soon will have to figure that one out as well. assuming its the same usb c and 3.5mm sync port.

XTR works on AD600, AD600PRO, AD400PRO, AD200, AD200PRO & AD1200PRO - don't have an AD300PRO to test it

As you also have an X1T I just tried my Nikon version on a D5, set CN Fn 01 to ON (single pin)
I'm pretty certain the "single pin" mode only applies to pass through hotshoe on the transmitter; there's no way to stop the transmitter from picking up the camera's TTL/HSS signal... that's why you have to use the XTR16 receiver.
At one point I tried taping over the TTL contacts, but I think that caused some other issue (can't remember; probably prevented flash above x-sync).

XTR works on AD600, AD600PRO, AD400PRO, AD200, AD200PRO & AD1200PRO - don't have an AD300PRO to test it

The AD400Pro doesnt have a USB-A port, only USB-C, thats why I mentioned if the adapter would work. There is no where plug in an XTR16 receiver. Which I am pretty sure is the same for the new AD300pro.

Hold the mode button down for about 2 seconds and it turns the radio off (AD200PRO has dedicated button for this) make sure you are in manual, quick presses on mode toggle between M, TTL & Multi - just tested with an XT16 transmitter and works fine - tested with XPRO-N and works OK - buttons 1,2,3,4 to ON, on XTR16 is channel 16, 1,2,3,4 set to 1,2,3,4 is channel 1 - Power button set to 0 (found that changing power button can have funny results) - XT16 is single pin but there is no single pin mode on XPRO-N so not possible to do this

As you also have an X1T I just tried my Nikon version on a D5, set CN Fn 01 to ON (single pin) and tested and it worked as expected at 1/8000 second with about a stop difference

Mike
Hi @mike weeks,

Sorry to tag you and ask this question on here. Please may I ask how you got your X Pro N to work with the XTR-16, not HSS, but just getting the two to talk to each other and being able to adjust and trigger some strobes using both the Xpro N and XTR16.

Thank you

Last edited:
Hi @mike weeks,

Sorry to tag you and ask this question on here. Please may I ask how you got your X Pro N to work with the XTR-16, not HSS, but just getting the two to talk to each other and being able to adjust and trigger some strobes using both the Xpro N and XTR16.

Thank you
If Mike doesn’t come back I’ll dig mine out over the weekend and sort you out :)
Will be busy w work till Thursday evening

If Mike doesn’t come back I’ll dig mine out over the weekend and sort you out :)
Will be busy w work till Thursday evening
Thank you Phil, No rush, I did spend most of yesterday afternoon trying to find out how to get them to work, but no joy.

Thank you Phil, No rush, I did spend most of yesterday afternoon trying to find out how to get them to work, but no joy.
I've had mixed results with this combo (X-Pro and XTR-16 receiver). The problem is, before the latest round of Godox flashes heads and speedlights, they had 2 separate protocols in use (that actually used the same 433MHz hardware) : the "fraction lights" that measured their output in a fraction of full-output, like a Speedlight, and the 5-10 heads that measured their output in stops above near darkness. The old 433MHz FT-16 trigger could be switched between protocols by holding the Test button down when turning it on. The trigger would always trigger both types of light, but only control power for the protocol currently enabled on the trigger. If you replace all of the receivers with the newer 2.4GHz XTR-16s and use an XT-16 trigger you'll see functionally identical results. However, if you use an X-Pro trigger instead of the XT-16, your mileage will vary: with the XTR-16 plugged into an old Safari-II (fraction-light) it works flawlessly - power control, modelling light control and triggering. Plug those same XTR-16 receivers into a Lencarta SF600 (Godox based studio head of the same vintage) though, and all the X-Pro can do is trigger it.

I think your Smartflash-IIs *may* be a bit newer than my SF600's so you may get better results. Try setting the X-Pro to use numerical (tenths of a stop increments) power settings rather than fractions, and set the group scheme to 1-F - to mimic the XT16 trigger as closely as possible. Make sure you have the latest firmware on your X-Pro as it didn't do some ofthese things on the old firmware.

Hi @mike weeks,

Thank you

What flash? I only have Godox battery flashes from V1 up to AD1200PRO

I would not use this for power adjustment as the point is that you need to be at full power to gain the advantage so it would be just a case of triggering

Mike

What flash? I only have Godox battery flashes from V1 up to AD1200PRO

I would not use this for power adjustment as the point is that you need to be at full power to gain the advantage so it would be just a case of triggering

Mike
Hi Mike,

I want to try and trigger my lencarta smart flash with the XTR-16 and X Pro N, and also use a v860 in the mix as a back light.

Thank you

Are you trying to do tail sync? Do you have a link to the Lencarta flash so I can work out what Godox model it is
Mike
Morning Mike,

Looking at the invoice they are smartflash 2 400w purchased in 2016, is there a model number on the flash itself that I can get?

Thank you

according in to that review it should work, if i remember rightly all microswitches down is channel 1 and you have channels 1-16 - there is a custom setting (STEP) on the XPro you might want to set

Mike
Thank you, will have a look for STEP on the Xpro and report back.

I have tried channel 1 and 2, in both group A and B. I have also changed STEP to all the number available and have tried to trigger the stobe but no joy. When the XPro is on the camera and I click on the shutter the strobe does fire, but no matter what setting I use the power output is the same.

When I click on the flash button, or amend the settings on the x pro I can see that the small red light on the xtr16 flashes.

Last edited:
I have tried channel 1 and 2, in both group A and B. I have also changed STEP to all the number available and have tried to trigger the stobe but no joy. When the XPro is on the camera and I click on the shutter the strobe does fire, but no matter what setting I use the power output is the same.

When I click on the flash button, or amend the settings on the x pro I can see that the small red light on the xtr16 flashes.
This pretty much matches my experience with an X-Pro trigger and XTR-16 radio on a Lencarta SF600. Getting the channel set is pretty straightforward, and it will trigger the lights, but will not control the output, no matter what I set on the X-Pro (ie setting the step to tenths of a stop, and the group layout to 1-F etc).

I've found the manual and it says that you can only trigger but not change the power.

But it does appear that the xt32 transmitter can be used to change the power output in the 1.0 - 10.0 range as well as by fractions

I've found the manual and it says that you can only trigger but not change the power.

But it does appear that the xt32 transmitter can be used to change the power output in the 1.0 - 10.0 range as well as by fractions
LOL yet another trigger :) I wonder if the XT32 will also control AD200, AD600 etc - then it would really be a universal solution - for both old and new Godox lights!

I think I've used every Godox trigger and the XT32 is my favourite - small and light with a clear and easy user-interface. My go-to trigger is the FlashPoint R2 Pro2 because it just does everything very well but, within its limitations, the XT32 is nicer to use IMHO - neat and simple(y)

Last edited:
Back