Doubling your Power with Godox

From memory, I think you're right - surprisingly, the XPro trigger* doesn't have a sync timing off-set feature, and that's really essential for getting the most out of tail-hypersync. Both the XT32 and X1 triggers do though, and the X1 also has the advantage of a pass-through hot-shoe which is handy for this kind of experimentation.

*I don't have one to check, but I can't see it in the listed specs

XPRO does not have a delay setting, or at least never found it

If you read my first posting I did not find a need for the custom delay with Nikon

Mike

Last edited:
XPRO does not have a delay setting, or at least never found it

If you read my first posting I did not find a need for the custom delay with Nikon

Mike

Not sure about that Mike. You will usually get a result without any delay adjustment and it may look okay, but you won't know it's optimum without experimenting and every camera is different.

Thanks for the fast replies! I did notice that with my slave mode test, there wasn't much of a power difference when shooting at 1/2000. So maybe a delay would line up the initial burst better and give a brighter result. Looks like I will need to borrow an older trigger from somone to test it!

Hey everyone, I finally got around to buying an xtr-16 to put on the ad600. The problem I'm having is:
1. I cannot exceed my max sync speed on my camera unless I have hss enabled on the xpro.
2. If hss is enabled on the xpro trigger, the xtr16 and ad600 doesnt seem to receive a signal.
I have a nikon d750 if that helps.

Any thoughts of how to get around this?
Cheers

I could be wrong but I think the problem is the xpro trigger. I use the older trigger and it works perfectly but others will answer this in more depth.

I just came across the following post from Robert Hall. Looks like hi-sync might be getting a whole lot easier soon!

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20181009-230733_YouTube.jpg
    SmartSelect_20181009-230733_YouTube.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 31
  • SmartSelect_20181009-230744_YouTube.jpg
    SmartSelect_20181009-230744_YouTube.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 26
Only available from Adorama in the USA so maybe not

Mike

Adorama ship worldwide, though it costs a bit and will also attract import taxes as is the norm when importing from the US.
https://www.adorama.com/help/InternationalOrders

More info on the updated trigger here
http://flashhavoc.com/flashpoint-r2-pro-mark-ii-transmitter-released/

Elvis of Flash Havoc appears to be part of an unofficial working group with both Adorama and Godox. Elv has been heavily involved in bringing this very good looking new trigger to market. It's a FlashPoint exclusive for now, but I can't imagine that Godox will not add it to their own brand before too long, or perhaps Lencarta and/or Pixapro will strike a deal with Adorama for the UK?

Elvis of Flash Havoc appears to be part of an unofficial working group with both Adorama and Godox. Elv has been heavily involved in bringing this very good looking new trigger to market.
Reading what he writes I get the feeling that it is more than unofficial but you never know in this industry
It's a FlashPoint exclusive for now, but I can't imagine that Godox will not add it to their own brand before too long, or perhaps Lencarta and/or Pixapro will strike a deal with Adorama for the UK?
I know that this is strictly Adorama only as at least one dealer has spoken to them and that is not from my normal channel, however like many things who knows what will happen

Mike

Anyone know a US resident who could get hold of these? ;) :D

Do you guys think we would be able to do hisync without needing to add a receiver to the strobe using this new trigger? Or would a receiver still be needed to get out of hss?

Nikon is ready to ship! Has anyone been able to use high-sync function with the r2 pro mark ii on any brand? Wanted to check before I drop $130 AUD on a Nikon version!
Mine will be here by the end of today... I'll try to test it this week.
But I'm not quite sure what the question is... HSS was already possible w/ the MkI, it just didn't have timing offset.

Mine will be here by the end of today... I'll try to test it this week.
But I'm not quite sure what the question is... HSS was already possible w/ the MkI, it just didn't have timing offset.
Hey sk66 I was hoping that tail sync/high sync etc works and gives the extra stop of light over HSS like with the older controller did. I have the xpro and it doesnt let me do it!.

Hey sk66 I was hoping that tail sync/high sync etc works and gives the extra stop of light over HSS like with the older controller did. I have the xpro and it doesnt let me do it!.
You mean w/o the strobe being in slave mode and triggered by an attached XTR16 (or similar)? I don't think that was possible before (with a TTL head) and I would be a little surprised if it is w/ this one... I'll look into the manual, but AFAIK it only adds the delay setting/option.

Mine should be arriving today, first time importing stuff like this though so had to go through some nonsense with Fedex before they would release it.

The C.Fn delay settings are the normal HSS delay and limited to 9.9ms (basically the same as the 10,000us on the XT-1).

But I noticed that the SHOOT C.Fn has a new APP setting. This setting causes the transmitter to send only the triggering signal regardless of anything else... the flash settings are set by the BT wireless app, and I'm assuming they can be set manually as well. I'm thinking this may allow Hi-Sync w/o use of an XTR16 attached to the flash; but I have not gotten to test it yet.

Last edited:
APP setting doesn't work for tail sync... neither of my Nikon cameras will allow me to go above x-sync unless it senses a TTL/HSS capable flash/trigger and APP mode is not TTL.

It still does not recognize Eneloop Pro batteries... reports them as being low on charge, but they work fine.

Is that something that needs to be fixed?

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's happening because the batteries provide less voltage than a 'normal' AA would so isn't this unavoidable if we keep using these lower voltage batteries?

Is that something that needs to be fixed?

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's happening because the batteries provide less voltage than a 'normal' AA would so isn't this unavoidable if we keep using these lower voltage batteries?
I believe that's why it happens... it's just a bit annoying because you never really know that the batteries installed are good (unless fresh off the charger). I know it's possible to have a "battery type" option to bias the battery meter appropriately.

APP setting doesn't work for tail sync... neither of my Nikon cameras will allow me to go above x-sync unless it senses a TTL/HSS capable flash/trigger and APP mode is not TTL.
So the only trigger to allow for tail sync is the x1t?

So the only trigger to allow for tail sync is the x1t?
The X1T doesn't allow for it either... not standalone. All of them will do tail sync with an XTR16 attached to the head; only the XPro doesn't have the timing offset menu option (which may not be needed).

It is kind of funny that they give you a timing offset option for HSS, which isn't required. And no direct ability to enable tail sync, which is where the timing offset might be needed...

Last edited:
The X1T doesn't allow for it either... not standalone. All of them will do tail sync with an XTR16 attached to the head; only the XPro doesn't have the timing offset menu option (which may not be needed).

It is kind of funny that they give you a timing offset option for HSS, which isn't required. And no direct ability to enable tail sync, which is where the timing offset might be needed...
Ahh ok makes sense. The other factor with the xpro is that it doesn't let you break sync speed so you can't do tail sync.

Hey everyone, sorry to flog a dead horse but im still having issues with getting this to work. I am able to piggyback a yongnuo trigger on top of an x1t-n and get hypersync but with slight banding but I want to be able to use the all godox solution which I have found that using an x1t-n trigger and an xtr-16 gives zero banding. The issue is I can only get the flash to fire if I shoot one shot under the flash sync shutter limit of my camera first then I can shoot one frame above 1/200. This works once and then will not fire the flash if I'm above the sync speed unless I take another shot under 1/200. I'm using it with a nikon d750 and an ad600bm and ad200. Any ideas as to what would cause this? I'm thinking maybe a faulty xtr-16 but I don't want to throw away $20 if it isn't the issue. Any advice would be appreciated!

Any ideas as to what would cause this? I'm thinking maybe a faulty xtr-16 but I don't want to throw away $20 if it isn't the issue. Any advice would be appreciated!
Sounds like a lack of communication. There's a setting for the transmitter, if set to single it only sends communications when actually shooting; when set to multiple it communicates any time a setting is changed and when shooting.

Hi sk66, Thanks for the suggestion. Here is a clearer outline of what I have tried and the setup.

Ad600
Internal wireless - off
Hss- off
Xtr16 plugged into usb port

X1tn
Single pin mode(tried both on and off)

Nikon d750
Auto fP 200

Tests:
1.Have tried combination of turning each component on first E.g ad600 before camera etc.
2.Tried turning off stabilization on the lens ( an issue mentioned in another forum)
3.Tried moving and re seating the x1tn due to the longer d750 hotshoe size.
4. Tried enabling single pin mode on x1tn this didn't effect the issue.

I feel like there is something blocking the signal when moving to shutter speeds over xsync when not in hss mode. Might be a d750 issue/ limitation. I have run out of ideas!

Last edited:
Back