DPD - What a crock of S**t

DPD do local shop drop offs they do in Mirfield Where I live you simply find your nearest here

https://www.dpd.co.uk/apps/shopfinder/index.jsp

Don't get me started on that option. MOH ordered an item and requested that it be delivered to a local chemist so that I could pick it up on my way to work.
Upon checking her email and then tracking the package, she found that the item could not be delivered as the driver could not find the chemist!!!

Postman has been, and he has left me three brand new bands.
I find them useful for "Stuff" too I must be special though I get red ones (y)

I have to agree about the incompetence of DPD or at least one of their driver's and the lack of a way of contacting them.

Supposed to be getting a package delivered by them today so decide to work from home, get my hour delivery slot and 15 minutes before the start of the hour get a text telling me they couldn't deliver as no one was in.
That would be because the driver had tried to deliver to the wrong flat, yes the door in the photo was for a Flat 2 but it's definitely not my door. :(

No way or certainly no easy way I can find to raise this with them and tell them to deliver to the correct address today only an option to get it redelivered tomorrow, and if it's the same driver no doubt he'd try to deliver it to the wrong flat again tomorrow, or collect from the depot.

So no option but for me to go and pick it up from the depot as I can't WFH tomorrow

DPD are the best option in my location so it seems like a postcode lottery. Hermes lived up to their reputation today, the delivery bod threw my package over the fence before ringing the doorbell - the cctv camera never lies :/

it seems like a postcode lottery.
Totally agree with this, my Hermes driver lives *round the corner* from me, if I miss her, she puts a card through the door, I call her and she comes back that evening.
Some people have pride in their work, others don't give a monkey's

Old couple deliver all the Hermes stuff round here, very reliable and quite often give me a call if they have something to bring.
When my old mum unexpectedly died I let them keep a job lot of plants she had ordered, have to treat reliable people properly.

The bad boys up here are DHL they now use a local courier company that has the worst reputation in north wales , I had a next day delivery camera due complete with online tracking , which initially told me it was out for delivery , waited till 6.pm and nothing phoned them up and got through to a bot system , checked online again and it had changed to returned to depot .it eventually turned up the next day apparently the other driver couldn’t finish his deliveries . To much pressure on them . And don’t even start m3 about the leave it in a bin boys or my Hermes :naughty::naughty:

The worse one I had was parcel farce.
I was tracking a delivery, next thing attempted delivery at what ever time it was, Ooops I was out the front at that given time, working in the garden and had been for awhile.
No red card, so in reality I had no idea. That a delivery had been attempted. I went to the depot with a couple of ID proofs and proof of address, called the manager and he agreed that it was me :D
It seems the driver was going away on holiday for a week or two that day!

That's rubbish as I had similar issues to the op but the item in question was a bin.. I kid you not
Some retailers will specify that delivery can not be made to a different address to prevent fraud (especially for high value goods). Pain in the arse yes, but if your phone wasn't delivered to you, you would be demanding a refund either via the retailer or your card issuer. A mobile phone is high value, desirable and high risk goods.

Sure DPD should have told you that, if that is the case, but usually you are talking to a bod in a call centre miles away from the depot.

At the end of the day, if you've ordered something and you know it's being delivered, wait in for it.

After I complained via their email contact us for missed deliveries which states allow 24 hours for a reply, I got a reasonably rapid response apologising profusely telling me the driver would bring the parcel and phone me to let me know when.
An hour later he appeared, thrust the parcel at me then the machine for my signature. I signed and handed it back, at which point he strode off.
He didn't utter a single word to me and I'm still waiting on that phone call

a few weeks ago my wife ordered a PS4 bundle from game which was being delivered to our home address
when the parcel was out for delivery my wife kept an eye on it through the gps tracking feature yodel have on their tracking website the last location given was Oldham and the next thing was delivered and signed for
obviously our CCTV showed no signs of Yodel or any parcel delivery but my wife was at home anyway waiting for the delivery ( we pointed out CCTV could be provided should it be needed )
My wife rang yodel to see what was going on and was told they won't deal with her as she didn't send the parcel
next call was game customer services who said they would investigate the missing parcel which they did
they wanted the drivers GPS info for the time the parcel was so called delivered and what signature was signed, the signature was some name unknown to us and i don't know if game ever got the GPS info they requested they never told us
apparently the driver was interviewed by Yodel the next day and it was established one way or another the parcel had gone missing in transit and never reached it's destination

righto but we stall want our PS4 bundle and requested Game to re send it that's when the fun starts
considering it has been made quite clear by Yodel the parcel never made it to it's destination and the have no clue where it is plus CCTV showing no parcel delivery Game wanted us to download 2 forms , print them , fill them in and sign them , scan them back in and send them back. until this was done they was not willing to deal with the lost item or we could wait 30 days before they would investigate
i humoured them to the point of filling in the forms on line ( pdf format ) and emailing them back
we got a nice email back saying thank you for the forms but we need to sign them so back on the phone to game pointing out we are not responsible for the lost item and the onus is on Game to make sure we get what we have payed for
anyway after much too and froing we came to an agreement that we do not need to sign the forms and another will be sent
this time i wanted it delivered to our nearest Game outlet so we didn't have to go through this again should it disappear again in transit which they did and was picked up a few days later

at least Yodel didn't chuck it over the back wall like they did with the other parcel :(

a few weeks ago my wife ordered a PS4 bundle from game which was being delivered to our home address
when the parcel was out for delivery my wife kept an eye on it through the gps tracking feature yodel have on their tracking website the last location given was Oldham and the next thing was delivered and signed for
obviously our CCTV showed no signs of Yodel or any parcel delivery but my wife was at home anyway waiting for the delivery ( we pointed out CCTV could be provided should it be needed )
My wife rang yodel to see what was going on and was told they won't deal with her as she didn't send the parcel
next call was game customer services who said they would investigate the missing parcel which they did
they wanted the drivers GPS info for the time the parcel was so called delivered and what signature was signed, the signature was some name unknown to us and i don't know if game ever got the GPS info they requested they never told us
apparently the driver was interviewed by Yodel the next day and it was established one way or another the parcel had gone missing in transit and never reached it's destination

righto but we stall want our PS4 bundle and requested Game to re send it that's when the fun starts
considering it has been made quite clear by Yodel the parcel never made it to it's destination and the have no clue where it is plus CCTV showing no parcel delivery Game wanted us to download 2 forms , print them , fill them in and sign them , scan them back in and send them back. until this was done they was not willing to deal with the lost item or we could wait 30 days before they would investigate
i humoured them to the point of filling in the forms on line ( pdf format ) and emailing them back
we got a nice email back saying thank you for the forms but we need to sign them so back on the phone to game pointing out we are not responsible for the lost item and the onus is on Game to make sure we get what we have payed for
anyway after much too and froing we came to an agreement that we do not need to sign the forms and another will be sent
this time i wanted it delivered to our nearest Game outlet so we didn't have to go through this again should it disappear again in transit which they did and was picked up a few days later

at least Yodel didn't chuck it over the back wall like they did with the other parcel :(
Shocking

Back