DPI - Printing on Canvas

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Just have a few questions if you wouldnt mind

1 - What do file size do you save your images as once you have edited them in a RAW editor?

2 - What file sizes do you then save them as for web and full res?

3 - What sort of size and dpi/resolution should i be exporting form LR in order to print on canvas?
Thank you

Matt

Anybody able to help?

Just have a few questions if you wouldnt mind

1 - What do file size do you save your images as once you have edited them in a RAW editor?

I use Lightroom so any edits are saved with the RAW file. If I want to retain the original, I create a virtual copy prior to making any edits. I don't have to save anything, LR manages this by stacking the edited version with the original.

2 - What file sizes do you then save them as for web and full res?

I host images in my own online gallery and export them to it directly from Lightroom, usually at 1200px on the longest side. If I choose to show any of my images on a forum, I only need to upload this one image as my gallery provider automatically makes the usual smaller sizes available, and I'd then select the size according to the rules of the forum I want to display my image on.

Thank you.

If you was to send a file to someone or print a large image or onto canvas what sort of size would be necessary?

I would say you should save the file as big as possible and at 300 or 350DPI.

I would say you should save the file as big as possible and at 300 or 350DPI.

Thank you. I saved them at 300DPI from LightRoom and left them at the size it exports them at which i think is 3888 x 2592, which is the largest i think i can go to.

If you was to send a file to someone or print a large image or onto canvas what sort of size would be necessary?
Totally dependant on who you are sending it to and what printer/media combination they are running.

Any reputable company ought to be providing that information to potential customers on its website, so I'd suggest you start looking there.

But it's safe to say you'll need high resolutions for the best results.

Hi

How big are you looking to have it printed?

stew

Im not too sure on size, its just a friend of mine looks a snap shot i took of his dog and thought it would be nice to put it on canvas for his mum.

He hasnt said what size or anything.

Back