DPOTY 2023 - Chat Thread

Mine is in, it's a series of 8 pictures stitched together. I didn't see anything in the rules against it, but I will remove it if. there are any objections.

Nothing wrong with a stitched composition @Allan.H , could come in useful for next December's theme

Someone has just pointed out that the November league table had an error in its formula for points in November - and that diligence is appreciated. The corrected league table as at end-Nov is below:
Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 10.04.38.png

A clear winner for December @johnty52 although it was close for a good while. So we have our final standings for the year:

1704703996530.png

Congratulations @Norkie for a winning and consistent performance through the year, but also very well done to @ajophotog @Allan.H @Nostromo @LeeRatters in particular for strong performances that could easily have pinched it, and to the many others who put in good efforts in many months. I must highlight @johnty52 though who joined late in the year and did so well - one to watch in DPOTY24 I think!

Thanks everyone for joining in, well done whether you entered one month or twelve, please keep having a go in 24. The prize is the pleasure of participating. Cheers.

Well done @Norkie and everyone else that entered.

Chuffed with my placing. My main aim this year was to submit an entry for the DPOTY and FPOTY every month. Which I done :)
Me too Lee on all counts, I even managed to do the same shot for each month one on film one on digital, same FL etc. Made it a bit more difficult but hey-ho it was a challenge after all.

Well done Norkie and all those that had entered throughout the year, some super images posted, I've enjoyed looking through them all over the past year.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone, it’s really appreciated ;)

and thanks from me too, for participating and appreciating the organisation - which I've thoroughly enjoyed, and I hope I can enter myself more than twice this year!

I've not been around much of late and I would have dearly love to have completed this. But my health has taken a pretty big downhill turn. I won't bore you all with the details, but I have chronic pancreatitis, I generally only have 2-3 pain free days a week. So photography is very limited for me. I'll have to give this challenge a miss for now.
Well done to ask those that took part and of course to the winner @Norkie

I think you were pretty much uncatchable Dominic before your problems. All the best.

Very sorry to hear that @Nostromo I hope there's a more positive future path for you, we shall miss the challenge within a challenge of pitching images against yours (even though it's not a competition)

Back