DPOTY 2023 - Chat Thread

Indeed well done ;)

I'm really torn over which picture to use for Culinary. One thing I DO know is that I don't do still life well. :p

I was struggling for an idea, but had one this morning. Although my son is in hospital, probably for the rest of the month, so it might well be hospital food…

Mmm, protein!

Managed to get my idea executed, and avoid needing to photograph the hospital food.

October voting is open, and November entries thread is up.
We also need to start thinking about themes for DPOTY24 - I am minded to keep to the same approach of using the same themes as for FPOTY, but perhaps this time just a few different ones. So I'll start a separate thread soon for discussing themes for that.

Over the past (nearly a) year, I've noticed that the number of votes generally reflects the number of entries, implying that the only people who are voting are the people who are entering and I find this a little disappointing. I know there are a lot of folk registered on this forum, but I don't know what percentage are active and could vote but don't. It would be nice if the challenge was not so incestuous but you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them vote, I suppose. Perhaps a bigger [VOTE HERE] banner on the forum as a whole might encourage, not only more voters, but more participants.

Over the past (nearly a) year, I've noticed that the number of votes generally reflects the number of entries, implying that the only people who are voting are the people who are entering and I find this a little disappointing. I know there are a lot of folk registered on this forum, but I don't know what percentage are active and could vote but don't. It would be nice if the challenge was not so incestuous but you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them vote, I suppose. Perhaps a bigger [VOTE HERE] banner on the forum as a whole might encourage, not only more voters, but more participants.
:agree:

Don't think you can persuade people to vote these days. If they want to they will imho.

Noted the points above, I've put up an un-dismissable notice that I'll remove when voting is endedWeds morning. We'll see if it has any impact

That appears to have worked - 27 voters now which is more than the entrants. I'll make a note to put up a notice every time we start a poll going forward.

It reminded me to vote, then I realised I'd already voted...

Just downloading my SD card, hopefully with this months entry on it.

Well done everyone, especially Allan.H and Johnty52. Here's the updated results table:
Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 08.08.27.png
It's really tight at the top and with two months to go, it's wide open near the top. Excellent photography folks, and bodes well for continuing this challenge next year.

@Gav. We seem to have had the same idea - except you did yours better. It is certainly a smaller mushroom...

Back