Dragon fly

Edit My Images
No
took this earlier! bear in mind this is a new camera and im new to photography but some constructive critisism would be great!

only problem i THINK i have is im using a 18-55 lens so need to be sat right ontop of the insect im trying to photograph!

DSC_0076.jpg

not a bad first try, to get the best of these critters you really need a macro lens, and a slightly better background, something more natural always looks better, keep persevering though, and you will definitely do better :) there are some fantastic macro peeps on here that will be able to give more definitive advice :)

cheers, i only bought the camera today and i saw the lil critter just sitting there! had to be about 30 cms away to get that pic! am i doing something wrong?

nope not doing anything wrong, most of the good macro lenses are 100mm plus, and can be expensive, so you get a better zoom ratio, the kit lens is ok but not really designed for this sort of shot. As i said its a very good start :) Best advice can give re any animal shot really is get down lower, at its level if you can, even if that means laying on your stomach, get as close as you need to, but remember a decent macro or pseudo macro will give better results for this kind of shot than any standard lens. Oh and as with any animal shot, aim to get its head and eyes in focus :)

Back