Dragonflies

IVN

Edit My Images
No
I love shooting dragonflies, maybe because I don't get to very often. Probably not many people are going to agree, but to me they look rather cute. When you look at their face, it looks like they are smiling. This, of course, is just what we want to see- Beneath that smile is a mouth of a little monster. You know what I mean, if you've ever watched them feed. ;)

Shot with: Nikon 1 V1, 1 Nikkor 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6, Marumi DHG200 +5 (+ Raynox DCR-250 for the last one)

I dig one and three, Ivan! :)

Excellent set, I love them too (y)

Little monsters, don`t be so silly :D They are the cutest of cute :D
Nah not really, got to agree though, they are very nice and as said, below they are little monsters.
I think in all your shots you could tone down the hi-lights as they are a tad bright.
I do like a profile shot as No 1 is but you could lose some from the bottom.
The rest are fab as is.
Welcome to this section :)
PS
There is a communal dragonfly/damselfly thread on here.
Its https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/dragonflies-communal-thread.553165/page-11#post-7474268

Last edited:
Thank you all!

Little monsters, don`t be so silly :D They are the cutest of cute :D
Nah not really, got to agree though, they are very nice and as said, below they are little monsters.
I think in all your shots you could tone down the hi-lights as they are a tad bright.
I do like a profile shot as No 1 is but you could lose some from the bottom.
The rest are fab as is.
Welcome to this section :)
PS
There is a communal dragonfly/damselfly thread on here.
Its https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/dragonflies-communal-thread.553165/page-11#post-7474268

Hi Graham, thanks for the suggestions and for extending a warm welcome! And thanks for the link to the communal thread. I wasn't aware that there is one. Will be posting there from now on.

Great series and I particularly like the first. It's adopted a great pose lifting itself up and the backlighting works well.

Nice work!

Definitely damselflies, but makes them even better shots, as they are much smaller than dragonflies and therefore much more difficult to get such great detail. Well done!

Reactions: IVN
Thank you! Yes, these are damselflies. I wasn't aware that there is a distinction in English between dragonflies and "small dragonflies" aka damselflies. In Serbian (and German, which I also speak) they are called by the same name. Learning never stops. :)

Back