Drains, Drains and More Drains

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
It's just what the title says, a little project involving drains. Seeing as I have never attempted anything like this before I thought I'd pick a subject that would be rather easy to do, Plenty of drains about, just got to try and and make them a bit interesting. I'll be using my Lumia930 to take the pictures and I'm aiming for this to last at least a month, if it's going well I might start a second project before this ends.
Here goes with my first picture

Drain by Gary Driver, on Flickr

Drains?
You're crazy!

…but this first take is…
graphically very interesting and quite well rendered!
Darn, when is the next one coming?

You're crazy! …and I love it.

Drains?
You're crazy!

…but this first take is…
graphically very interesting and quite well rendered!
Darn, when is the next one coming?

You're crazy! …and I love it.

Yes drains :) It was either that, road signs or bus stops.

Ok - well although I'm not sure I want pictures of drains on my wall I quite like the way you have framed it with the Kerb :)

There not going on my wall either Ruth I can assure you of that :D

There's something fascinating about grids - I photographed my first one in 1978/9! :LOL:

Keep up the good work. :)

78/79 :) Are you still taking pictures of them or did it become to draining? :exit:

78/79 :) Are you still taking pictures of them or did it become to draining? :exit:

Groan....:rolleyes:

I had a spell of photographing them a couple of years ago, which morphed into a project on double yellow lines that fizzled out. The idea was to turn them into a video of slow fades between shots. My PC wasn't up to the processing so I gave up on teh idea. I still have 200 plus photos of the double yellows on file.:D

Groan....:rolleyes:

I had a spell of photographing them a couple of years ago, which morphed into a project on double yellow lines that fizzled out. The idea was to turn them into a video of slow fades between shots. My PC wasn't up to the processing so I gave up on teh idea. I still have 200 plus photos of the double yellows on file.:D

:jawdrop: 200, Is there anywhere I can see them or is it a hidden secret :)

They're all sat on my hard drive. I've just checked and there's 200+ double yellow lines with 32 grids. All very boring.

Great idea, something so common place can be so photogenic. Looking forward to seeing more.

Well here's my second drain, taken on my way into town. Didn't half get some funny looks.
Spotted my next picture but there was a bit to much traffic to crouch down in the road

Drain 2 by Gary Driver, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well here's my second drain, taken on my way into town. Didn't half get some funny looks.
Spotted my next picture but there was a bit to much traffic to crouch down in the road :D

by [URL='https://www.flickr.com/photos/nikor44/']Gary Driver, on Flickr[/URL]
Don't mean to hijack your thread and will remove pic if you think it's confusing but I was taking this one in Glasgow and a woman came up and asking what I was doing and was I okay (as if it was the kind of thing you do when having a mental breakdown!)

https://flic.kr/p/uWRtmA

Don't mean to hijack your thread and will remove pic if you think it's confusing but I was taking this one in Glasgow and a woman came up and asking what I was doing and was I okay (as if it was the kind of thing you do when having a mental breakdown!)

https://flic.kr/p/uWRtmA

No need to remove it although you have posted it twice :) not had anyone take an interest in me yet, just the occasional glance :LOL:

quite like the way you have framed it with the Kerb

Gary, you trapped yourself into something here…

• the idea is crazy —we all know that by now
• the first shot was so cool… you intrigued a lot
• you demonstrated a very sharp sense for graphic approach in your idea

Now, keep us with you on this original idea, it won't always be easy but you
can go for it… and you set the bar pretty high with your first take.

Last edited:
Back