Non UK Dream Destinations - Travel Photography

Edit My Images
No
I love to travel and obviously also, photography. What are everyones top 5 dream destinations to travel/photograph? I am hoping to tick of as many as I can over the next few years.

1. Canadian Rockies
2. Japan
3. Safari (again) been to South Africa and loved it, would go back or perhaps Botswana this time.
4. Argentina/Chili
5. Alaska

I would love to see where else is on everyones list!

4. Argentina/Chili

:LOL: Chile not Chilli. I'm not brave enough to face the Argentinians.

There are so many dream destinations it is hard to make a top 5 list. Let's say my realistic top 5 for now stands as follows:

1. Santorini and some other bits in Greece (not in July!)
2. Venice
3. Iceland
4. Yellowstone autumn and some other US NPs
5. French Alps (again)

Scottish highlands is a pretty cool place also, but living right on a doorstep I don't have to list it :)

1) Galapagos, although a friend recently came back disappointed
2) Safari again, Did Zim/Bot/SA last time, maybe Malawi or Namibia
3) Hong Kong
4) The Society Islands
5) Northumberland

1. Antarctica
2. Zagoria (Greece) in Autumn.
3. Angkor Wat - Cambodia.
4. Old Walled City of Shibam in Yemen (the images I've seen look amazing, but I suspect Yemen is a no, no for tourists at the moment)
5. Venice (might get the chance next year)

1.Antarctica, tried once failed once :(
2.Chernobyl
3.Magadan
4.Alaska
5.Bora Bora

I have been to Chile in 2008, tried to get to Antarctica via there, really cool place and I would recommend, Lota, Puerto Montt,Vina Del Mar, Isla negra, well there is plenty lol

Last edited:
Only started taking photos after a guide/photographer on a trip was a bit scathing about the images I was producing. "I'll show him!" Love taking them and improving a bit at a time. My list contains 3 places I'd love to go back to and take some "better" shots.

1.Antartica
2.China
3.Iceland
4.Japan
5.Peru (Machu Picchu)

Done Cambodia, Laos, Mynamar, Thailand, Vietnam over the last couple of years..

I'd love to revisit a couple of islands in different seasons to capture different moods and weather conditions - Iceland in Summer and Crete in Autumn/Winter. Other than that, I'd like to spend a couple of months exploring New Zealand.

1. Lofoten Islands
2. United States-National Parks
3. Nepal
4. New Zealand
5. Angkor Wat

Is there a best time to go to these places? I went to Iceland at the end of May a couple of years ago and the light was not that magical.

1. Lofoten Islands
2. United States-National Parks
3. Nepal
4. New Zealand
5. Angkor Wat

Is there a best time to go to these places? I went to Iceland at the end of May a couple of years ago and the light was not that magical.

I'm heading to Lofoten in March, but February is also meant to be a nice time to go due to the gradual sunrises and sunsets.

IMO, March is probably the better option. Sunrises and sets should still be reasonably gradual and there should still be plenty of cold white stuff around but there are more hours of daylight as well as an extra degree or 2 of uncold!

1. Skye and the Scottish Islands
2. Iceland
3. New York
4. Hong Kong/Shenzen
5. Mauritius

Lucky to have a been to a few amazing countries recently but still so much on the list, including a few revisits.

1. New Zealand (revisit)
2. Patagonia
3. Washington State (plus more of the US)
4. S.E Asia
5. Faroe Islands

I will travel back to Iceland and Nepal until the cows come home - really incredible countries for such different reasons. Nepal is luckily only a few hours flight and about $150 to fly to from Dubai, so easy to get there for short breaks.

With the U.S. it seems that there are so many different places, as with China. Honestly, the whole world still needs to be explored. As I think, so many more places come up; Uzbekistan, Russia, Mongolia,

I'm also doing a list and I plan to do all below within the next 24 months:

1) Iceland (going in March)
2) Yellowstone in Winter & Fall
3) Masai Mora
4) Japan (Feb 2017)
5) Antarctica

Phil....I've just had a look at your Yemen images - WOW!, what an amazing portfolio. That must have been one heck of a experience.....thanks for sharing.

These Yemen pics are brilliant

My current targets are:
1. Patagonia
2. Alaska
3. Papua New Guinea
4. Skye, Outer Herbrides
5. Venice
6. Chernobyl

Am going to try and get to a couple this year (expect it will be 2 of the bottom 3 though)

Back