weekly Blush's 52s compilation 2016; Week 4: Happy

Inspired by the amount of shoehorning done by everyone,
Oi! I resemble that remark :D

Great piece of lateral thinking Nora (y)

Good bit of shoe horning there and no zoo animals harmed in the process :D

as for your bottom remark - Did you visit casualty after banging your head
:mooning:
Listen sunshine, some people show me the love and respect that I deserve, Nora will go far (y)

Good start and a lot of shoehorning going on there but it made me laugh

Welcome back Nora!:wave:

I like your take on metal good use of DoF my only slight crit is that the high lights on the main rail are a little distracting.

Looking forward to seeing more as you get chance to catch up

Only 40 more to go :)

Great DoF and the reflections in the metal work well.

Trying to catch up before the challenge is over. It's so good to be back :banana:
Welcome back Nora :)
You may have your work cut out, nonetheless, good luck (y)

Great catch-up Nora. (y):D

BTW I really like your Old shoehorn job, I seem to have missed it back in January.

Catching up is no problem, pick your favorite subject, take 40 photos and then shoe-horn all the way I like the faint reflections/shadows of people in the metal

Welcome back!
Good choice for the theme.
The reflections of the light are always going to be a challenge in a shot like this, so I don't mind the blown highlights.
What's with the watermark?

Welcome back Nora!:wave:

I like your take on metal good use of DoF my only slight crit is that the high lights on the main rail are a little distracting.

Looking forward to seeing more as you get chance to catch up

:ty: Yeah, I thought so too, Mark.. Would be nice to do a reshoot one of these days..

Only 40 more to go :)

Great DoF and the reflections in the metal work well.

Thank you, Bernd ;)

You may have your work cut out, nonetheless, good luck (y)

Thank you, Cobra :agree:

Last edited:
Great catch-up Nora. (y):D

BTW I really like your Old shoehorn job, I seem to have missed it back in January.

:D Thank you, David

Hi there, I've no idea how, but I missed your first one too .....anyway, it was a great choice for the theme.

Welcome back, you have a big job on trying to catch up but good luck. That's an interesting take on Metal, it looks good.

Thanks, Susie :wave: Would love to fit in as much as I can before the year is out...

Catching up is no problem, pick your favorite subject, take 40 photos and then shoe-horn all the way I like the faint reflections/shadows of people in the metal

:naughty: Exactly what I would do, Chris :D

Welcome back!
Good choice for the theme.
The reflections of the light are always going to be a challenge in a shot like this, so I don't mind the blown highlights.
What's with the watermark?

Thanks, Tim. Was practicing for putting in an invisible watermark, but then I guess I did a horrible job there :D

On theme, though I wonder how it would look with a wider perspective, seeing more of the object to the right of the frame.

That's a good advice, Michael. Thank you for dropping by :woot:

Is that a kinkajou Nora?

Hey! Welcome back Nora ... good to see you keeping in with the TP52 challenge. Nice detail in Metal - brushed aluminium I think. Captive looks so cute all snuggled in like a ball. Lovely

Is that a kinkajou Nora?

I honestly don't know, Mr. Hissy, Sir. It was a small private animal reservation and they didn't have any marker for the animal names. Been asking around but nobody knows what kind of animal she/he is :D

I like the way you've used DoF to blur the bars of the cage in the foreground yet kept them there enough to highlight that they are there.
Focus looks like it's on the eye. (y)

:ty:

Hey! Welcome back Nora ... good to see you keeping in with the TP52 challenge. Nice detail in Metal - brushed aluminium I think. Captive looks so cute all snuggled in like a ball. Lovely

Thanks, Carl :banana:

Yes, a very snuggly captive there Nora, perfect for the theme.

Thank you, Susie :woot:

:wave: Thanks so much!

I honestly don't know, Mr. Hissy, Sir.
OK fairy nuff :)
I'm not sure either TBH That's why I hoped you may know, it looks like one, in some respects, but also looks a little Lemur-ish too.

Back