weekly Blush's 52s for 2015; Weeks 50, 51 and 52: Christmas

Hi, guys, sorry for joining in in such a late stage, but anyway, I hope I can keep up (y)(y)

Here's to taking pictures for fun :woot:
No problem, besides, it'll ease you in to the 2016 (y)

My take on "Covered"

Cover (verb): To put something over, on top of or in front of (something else) especially in order to protect, hide or close it

In Asian families, parents play a huge role in their children's lives since birth and they are very protective towards them. Asian children rarely move out of their houses except for educational purposes or marriage.

Edited in Lightroom... Just got it so I'm not sure what I am doing :whistle: hopefully it turns out okay :D

Covered (B&W) by Nora P., on Flickr

Covered (Colored) by Nora P., on Flickr

Last edited:
Like the sentiment behind this and prefer the B&W version but perhaps it may benefit from a slight increase of contrast? I'm sure you'll pick up lightroom quickly, I've been using it for about 6 months and find it quite easy to use although a bit daunting at first.

Good start Nora (y)
I'm in the B&W camp too, and as T'other Chris said, a little more contrast would probably help as well :)

Hi Nora, nice sentiments indeed both could do with a little work in PP but as you have only just got Lightroom i am sure you will get used to it soon

Hi, B&W for me. Yup, wonderful sentiment and really make me think of care and protection.

Yeah, a little more contract maybe, but still works really well.

Cheers.

Hi Nora. Welcome.

You're one of us now (oh yes you are) great to have you on board. :)

I love the narrative in this image, the accompanying explanation was unnecessary but added to the overall submission which I applaud, especially for your first submission. The b&w is the better I feel, a little more contrast would lift this to the next level as others have already said.

Last edited:
Like the sentiment behind this and prefer the B&W version but perhaps it may benefit from a slight increase of contrast? I'm sure you'll pick up lightroom quickly, I've been using it for about 6 months and find it quite easy to use although a bit daunting at first.

Hi, Chris... Thank you for the comment... Lightroom is indeed a bit daunting :LOL: but yes, I will try to practice using it more... I hope I will be as good as all of you are...

Good start Nora (y)
I'm in the B&W camp too, and as T'other Chris said, a little more contrast would probably help as well :)

Thank you so much! I will try to tweak it a bit... (y)

Hi Nora, nice sentiments indeed both could do with a little work in PP but as you have only just got Lightroom i am sure you will get used to it soon

Hi, Allan, thank you for the comment ;) Not sure what PP means though... I will definitely try to tweak it a bit more :)

Hi, B&W for me. Yup, wonderful sentiment and really make me think of care and protection.

Yeah, a little more contract maybe, but still works really well.

Cheers.

Hi, Andy... Thank you for your comment... So glad you like it :woot:

Hi Nora. Welcome.

You're one of us now (oh yes you are) great to have you on board. :)

I love the narrative in this image, the accompanying explanation was unnecessary but added to the overall submission which I applaud, especially for your first submission. The b&w is the better I feel, a little more contrast would lift this to the next level as others have already said.

Hi, Brian... Thank you so much for the warm welcome :woot:I am proud to be part of such a wonderful group... I will pay attention to the explanation next time :D

Hi again Nora. Thank you for joining our little community - enjoy. Lovely first image Nora - look forward to more and a catch up of some back numbers if you feel so inclined. I prefer the b&w version but it could perhaps do with a little contrast boost to give a bit more "grit".

Hello Nora

Really nice idea and cute sentiment. I think the B&W works best, but, whether B&W or colour a contrasting BG would add boost. Not always easily arranged I know.

Hi again Nora. Thank you for joining our little community - enjoy. Lovely first image Nora - look forward to more and a catch up of some back numbers if you feel so inclined. I prefer the b&w version but it could perhaps do with a little contrast boost to give a bit more "grit".

Hi again, Carl :wave: Definitely going to catch up with past themes... Indeed, I feel it has a really soft filter on this picture, not sure whether it's from the camera or the filter though... Will definitely give more tweaks...

B+w version for me, colour doesn't really suit it. A good image to practice pp skills on.

Thank you for your comment, Michael ;)

Hello Nora

Really nice idea and cute sentiment. I think the B&W works best, but, whether B&W or colour a contrasting BG would add boost. Not always easily arranged I know.

Hello, David... Thank you for the comment... I agree on the B&W there :D

lovely detail in those hands. agree with others, B&W and contrast boost would really make it 'pop'. Great idea though, nice job

Hi Nora ...what a great idea for your first submission ....smashing interpretation of the theme. I'll go against the flow in my choice, I prefer the colour version, it shows much more detail in the hand and I think it tells much more of a story. An excellent start :)

Last edited:
lovely detail in those hands. agree with others, B&W and contrast boost would really make it 'pop'. Great idea though, nice job

Thank you, Nathan, both for dropping by and leaving a comment ;)

Hi Nora ...what a great idea for your first submission ....smashing interpretation of the theme. I'll go against the flow in my choice, I prefer the colour version, it shows much more detail in the hand and I think it tells much more of a story. An excellent start :)

Thank you for your kind words, Susie... I got the idea from the name of your personal project by the way... Thanks again for dropping by (y)

Great start @Blush :) The B&W for me. (y)

Thanks a lot for dropping by, Tim :wave:

BUGGER! I'll try that again in the right thread this time :D
Very nice colours and textures there Nora (y)

Lovely seasonal and colourful shot Nora. Gold & red are very festive colours. Excellent focus and like that you have included the sleigh in the bg to show that we are looking at the back end of a reindeer. :clap:

BUGGER! I'll try that again in the right thread this time :D
Very nice colours and textures there Nora (y)

:D Thank you so much, oh the hissy one... I really appreciate it (y) I now understand why sometimes editing is necessary to enhance stuffs. Initially I avoided Photoshop like a plague, but I noticed that my camera didn't do the image justice. This edited version is more similar to the original colours ;)

Lovely seasonal and colourful shot Nora. Gold & red are very festive colours. Excellent focus and like that you have included the sleigh in the bg to show that we are looking at the back end of a reindeer. :clap:

Whoo hoo :banana::banana: purpose attained! I was hoping someone would notice that. Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving a comment, Carl ;) much appreciated

Cheers!

I now understand why sometimes editing is necessary to enhance stuffs.
Just about everyone tweaks their images, one way or another
There is no shame in it whatsoever :)

Hi, a very seasonal submission. The vivid colours work well.

It's amazing what you see when you have the TP themes on your mind :)

Cheers.

Just about everyone tweaks their images, one way or another
There is no shame in it whatsoever :)

:agree:

Hi, a very seasonal submission. The vivid colours work well.

It's amazing what you see when you have the TP themes on your mind :)

Cheers.

Hi, Andy.. Does this mean this shot also covered the "seasonal" theme? :D I couldn't agree more with you about the TP themes though... :agree:

Hi Nora, nice and unusual perspective works really well for the theme and indeed very festive (y)

Hi Nora, nice and unusual perspective works really well for the theme and indeed very festive (y)

Hello, Allan... Thank you so much for dropping by and commenting. Much appreciated... :banana:

Nice use of DoF there. I hadn't realised it was the rear of a reindeer until Carl mentioned it but it's obvious now.

Hi, Tim... Thank you :wave: It wasn't so obvious because I had to cut the tip of the tail :( Other shots had it though :D although they're not as good...

Nice strong connection there!

Thank you, Chris :banana:

Hi Nora ....bang on for the theme and excellent focus on the 'connection' :) I'd be tempted to nip the top off to just the bottom of the 'white' bit, but well done with spotting that one.

Good to see you enjoying the challenge :)

Hello, Susie... Thank you :woot: I see what you mean... :agree: I am so excited to wait for another theme

Sharp in the right places, glorious colour too. (y)

Good example of a leading line. The eye is nicely walked in by the rope to see the sleigh at the back.

Top Marks! :)

Sharp in the right places, glorious colour too. (y)

Thank you so much, David :woot:

Quite like that Nora, very apt for the theme. Like to viewpoint and nice handy work too.

Thank you so much for dropping by and commenting, Stan :wave: I appreciate it...

Good example of a leading line. The eye is nicely walked in by the rope to see the sleigh at the back.

Top Marks! :)

Hi, Brian... Thank you for the compliment.. It was accidental actually but now I know about the theory of a leading line :D :ty: for dropping by

Hi Nora :welcome:

What a great start (y)

Lovely idea for Covered, so emotive, and now you have LR you can have a play to try different effects :)

Connected, it certainly is. Good use of DoF and both sharp and colourful (y)

Hi Nora :welcome:

What a great start (y)

Lovely idea for Covered, so emotive, and now you have LR you can have a play to try different effects :)

Connected, it certainly is. Good use of DoF and both sharp and colourful (y)

Thank you so much :woot: I am playing around with LR now :LOL: Thank you for dropping by and commenting... I really appreciated it, Madam

Hi Nora!

Loving your work! Especially liked the sentiment in covered - protectively covered. The "connected" is a nicely composed shot. Nicely detailed and great perspective.

Hi Nora,

Covered: I really like the mono version. Well composed and a great story too :)

Connected: Nice focus point and enough focus in the BG to complete the picture. Nice shot (y)

Back