Driftwood!

Yeah, that's a stonker. Beautifully simple with lovely, soft tones. A very relaxing image to look at.

Mind me asking what filter Neil?

Yeah, that's a stonker. Beautifully simple with lovely, soft tones. A very relaxing image to look at.

Mind me asking what filter Neil?
No of course not it's 10 stop firecrest. Just a really shallow gravel area on my local river, had to wait for the sun to disappear as there were too many reflection to start off with.

"Excellent" shot Neil, nuff said.(y)

George.

Cheers Neil.

I've been considering filters, I looked at the Lee system but way expensive. Not knocking Lee filters but I can't justify the expense. There's Hoya too.

Love the image.

Of course… ;)

"Excellent" shot Neil, nuff said.(y)

George.
Thanks George

Cheers Neil.

I've been considering filters, I looked at the Lee system but way expensive. Not knocking Lee filters but I can't justify the expense. There's Hoya too.

Love the image.
Cheers Dale, I'd consider a cheap 10 stop and a 6 stop to start Dale, they are def the ones I use most. I was using the 6 and 10 stop screw on filters before I spotted a mis-price on amazon for the firecrest set, think I paid £390 for the set which should of been £800+.

I like this Neil, cracking.
Thanks Paul

Last edited:
Some minimalistic driftwood on my local river.

i really like that
BIG landscape opportunities as scarce around here - but there is a local stream - so thanks for the inspiration......(y)

as an aside - I keep tropical fish - 3 tanks
there's a following in Japan to incorporate scenes like yours within the landscaping
1e987f77c3cc5a8c5ed25087ee2b1a22.jpg

hmm - a new project idea............:)

i really like that
BIG landscape opportunities as scarce around here - but there is a local stream - so thanks for the inspiration......(y)

as an aside - I keep tropical fish - 3 tanks
there's a following in Japan to incorporate scenes like yours within the landscaping
1e987f77c3cc5a8c5ed25087ee2b1a22.jpg

hmm - a new project idea............:)
Thanks John. Sometimes I'd prefer to do this instead of take shots of locations that have been shot thousands of times before!

Absolutely fantastic.
I'd have that printed HUGE and hung on my wall in a heartbeat, Neil.

And congratulations on the WEX win this week :clap::clap:
haha cheers Paul, nice winning but even nicer knowing fellow togs I admire really liked the shot! I think this year will be my final one for experimenting with other photography, will concentrate on landscape next year and hopefully develop my style and improve.

Love this, love the simplicity of it. This would look fantastic printed 20x30 on some textured paper.

Love this, love the simplicity of it. This would look fantastic printed 20x30 on some textured paper.
Thanks Mark, I will have it printed at some stage.

That's the sort of shot that makes a lot of other photographers envious. It's really great.
Cheers Paul, very kind of you.

Cracker of a shot Neil, well done !
Thank you Baz

Thats a beaut.
Soft tones, smooth and calming.
I should have married that instead...
Cheers Paul.

I have been after a shot like this for years, wonderful image, I will keep on looking, thanks for the inspiration, top stuff.

Without a doubt, the most impressive capture I have seen since coming to this site. (y)

Fab ! Fab ! Fab !

Still reeling over the nightscape image here !!! :)

Gaz
Thanks Gary, really appreciate it mate.

That's a beautiful shot, I love it!
Thanks Maria

I have been after a shot like this for years, wonderful image, I will keep on looking, thanks for the inspiration, top stuff.
Thanks Mike, glad you like it :)

Without a doubt, the most impressive capture I have seen since coming to this site. (y)
Thanks Bill, high praise indeed, really appreciate that.

Back