Dripping water

Name
kev
Edit My Images
Yes
My first attempt at dripping water not as sharp as id like just couldn't seem to freeze the action my flash was as high as it would sync
all at f11, 1/250sec iso100

IMG_0147a.jpg

IMG_0123a.jpg

IMG_0113a.jpg

IMG_0097a.jpg

IMG_0090a.jpg

IMG_0084a.jpg

any help?

Kev, patience is a virtue (y) by bumping the thread in the way you did that takes the thread out of the unanswered posts search, now someone will always respond to it in there but by doing this it can result in the thread totally getting missed, I know it can be frustrating but sometimes it is best to wait (y)

Overall I think that you've done a nice job on these but a couple of them look a little on the soft side, but I do like the Red/blue 50:50's (y) it may be good to try and get in a little closer (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

This was taken a good few years ago. ISO 100, f18, s320. I'm guessing I used the modeling lights of some Portaflash lights I used at the time, taking into the consideration of the shutterspeed and the sync of a Canon 20D.

WATER-1.jpg

Thanks guys I agree a few are a bit soft, I've done some more tonight so when I've finished processing I'll add them here, I've reduced the length of the flash so hopefully that's helped

Sorry about being impatient......

No worries just friendly advise (y)

Matt

Well you have certainly improved your technique as you have progressed, the last set are much better than the first.

Steve

Edit to add I had a go at these last year and I think there as good as any I did, not that that means a lot :)

Last edited:
Back