Driver Convicted For Hogging Middle Lane

Thanks.
First one is, as long as there isn't a solid white line in the road
What if there's on-coming car? The purpose of dotted line is to say overtaking is permitted when safe. So in this case, I guess the motorbike is using this bit of highway code.

But on-coming cars mean overtaking is not safe, so surely should not be permitted?

Thanks.

What if there's on-coming car? The purpose of dotted line is to say overtaking is permitted when safe. So in this case, I guess the motorbike is using this bit of highway code.

But on-coming cars mean overtaking is not safe, so surely should not be permitted?

Again, it's not as straight forward as that. There could be oncoming traffic, but there could be enough width to do so. Also, a bike can be out, round, and back in, in a couple of seconds, something that those who have never ridden a bike never seem to comprehend. I draw the line at going around the outside of traffic islands though, but some don't.

First one is, as long as there isn't a solid white line in the road, second one would mean they are probably traveling in excess of the speed limit, so no.

I did have a woman open her door on the M25 once while she was stationary, and I was doing about 5-10 mph between lanes 2 & 3. I stopped in time but let the bike roll right up to her open door, clutch in, at about 10k rpm. She was rather startled, my GSX-R could be rather loud........
Cant do that with my new bike, no clutch! :)

You just need to learn how to ride it properly and you can do that too....:LOL:
OK SmartyPants, pull up to car door, bang the mode selector into N and rev the nuts off it (all 6750rpm of them), probably sound like a sewing machine at those revs. :)
and pray it doesn't blow up or slip into gear all by itself :(

Nah - that's MZs!

Agree with Nod, the new one's a 4 stroke and Japanese not French

Cant do that with my new bike, no clutch! :)

Now, I can really get with having a car that's got no clutch (mine's an 8 speed auto with paddles), but a bike? That's sacrilege!! Saying that, other than pulling away, I rarely used the clutch on my bikes going up gears...

Now, I can really get with having a car that's got no clutch (mine's an 8 speed auto with paddles), but a bike? That's sacrilege!! Saying that, other than pulling away, I rarely used the clutch on my bikes going up gears...
My GT1050 had a heavy clutch, ok not Laverda Jota heavy but still a real pain in the wrist after a few hundred gear changes in London (and I'm getting old :) ) and it was top heavy and ......
So I got a Honda NC 750X DCT - it's so much nicer, really, it's made me enjoy 2 wheels again.

My GT1050 had a heavy clutch, ok not Laverda Jota heavy but still a real pain in the wrist after a few hundred gear changes in London (and I'm getting old :) ) and it was top heavy and ......
So I got a Honda NC 750X DCT - it's so much nicer, really, it's made me enjoy 2 wheels again.

Do you have a gear change that you manually change without a clutch, or is it a "pure" auto?

Do you have a gear change that you manually change without a clutch, or is it a "pure" auto?

Many options, but no foot pedal as standard, although you can get a foot pedal as an optional extra.
Auto mode = 4 positions D, S1, S2 & S3, all can be overridden with paddles on left bar (to an extent, the "computer" wont let you do anything stupid)
D= full auto economy mode, stories of 80mpg being the norm with gentle riding, will still kick down 2 gears if given a fistful :)
S1 = moves gear change upwards by 500 rpm
ditto S2 & S3 but it doesn't change throttle "aggression" or suspension etc. S2 seems most favoured by most riders for most conditions.
Full manual mode = change up and down with paddles, or if you don't change down but slow down the computer changes down for you but "locks" you in that gear until you manually change up (it probably drops down too if you subsequently slow down).

Loads of YouTube videos.

Last edited:
A mate had one and the 80MPG tales are true. Having said that, I managed high 70s on a charity ride out and that was on a 1200 Bonneville.

Back