Drone for Beginners - Suggestions/Advice Please

Name
Plamen
Edit My Images
Yes
I am thinking of getting a drone as I fancy trying it out and was thinking what would be the best one I can get within a budget of £200-300 as a beginner, it should ideally also have a camera, I don't mind if it is used(saw a DJI Phantom 2 with camera for £280 on ebay - though I am not sure if it is worth it)

I am thinking of getting a drone as I fancy trying it out and was thinking what would be the best one I can get within a budget of £200-300 as a beginner, it should ideally also have a camera, I don't mind if it is used(saw a DJI Phantom 2 with camera for £280 on ebay - though I am not sure if it is worth it)
Depends what you want to do with it and where you want to go.

There is no really point buying twice if you crave high quality footage. You may as well buy something decent that will last you.

Same as investing in camera stuff.

I want something that will be fine in the hands of a beginner, something that I don't have to upgrade and will be good enough out of the box, as much tech cramped into it, at the same time I don't want to go broke buying it. I was thinking of the Phantom 3 Standard or Advanced, not sure how easy are they to fly and how good they are for a beginner.

The Phantoms are very easy to use. They are also very easy to go far away from you so some is needed. I have a Phantom 2 and GoPro camera. If you want good video results, you'll want a gimbal. Look into this sort of thing as you will likely have to fit it yourself or pay someone to fit it, and sometimes they aren't cheap, although some cheap chinese ones do work well.
I cant say anything about other drones as I've only used a Phantom. The customisation in the settings is nice and some research into where you can fly is a must. I'm still learning each time I fly, empty fields are best, as long as you are allowed to be there. It can all get a bit confusing but it's worth it in my eyes.
I've found going REALLY high or REALLY far, isn't the best thing. It's nice and unique to get shots from that weird middle ground between, too low for a helicopter but higher than you can get without flying.

If you can afford to, I would try for a P3 over a P2, if you like it, this will save you having to buy again in the near future. I don't know about the other pilots on here but I', m starting to consider options of replacing my P2 because of affordability and features of newer models. Bear in mind the cost of the GoPro as well, personally I find 1080p 60 fps is ideal for what I want.

Here's an example of a new pilot (me a while ago) with a P2, GoPro Hero 3 and some bits to let me use a screen to have live view (which is great at close range).

Do research, a lot. Batteries, propellers, cameras, rules, where to fly, where not to fly etc. Oh one last thing, Don't take off in your lounge, it's not a toy helicopter, it creates a LOT of wind, I found this out the hard way :)

Thank you for the advice, I did research even more and went with Inspire 1, I know it might be too much but got a good deal, seems like an easy drone to fly, I did buy a cheapo one to try and I am enjoying it and learning before I power up the Inspire.

Back