Dronestagram

I've not long got a DJI phantom 2 with the 3 axis gimbal. I love the shots you can get with them. My best so far with it has been from a local paintballing event. It certainly reduced the risk of my lenses getting smashed lol

I've ordered a Phantom 2 Vision+ this afternoon. My gig photography is extremely quiet at the moment, with various political nonsense going on with various organisations things have come grinding to a halt. With that in mind I thought I'd expand my knowledge in other areas, and try a bit of videography & aerial photography. Throughout the day I've ordered each of the drones they sell, removed from the basket, and gone back. It's a lot of money for something you haven't done before, and I ended up deciding that there's no point in me buying something I know I won't be happy with, so went with the best they had to offer (outside of the £5k+ offerings for DSLRs).

I've got a few ideas already, and I'm quite excited :D

I've ordered a Phantom 2 Vision+ this afternoon. My gig photography is extremely quiet at the moment, with various political nonsense going on with various organisations things have come grinding to a halt. With that in mind I thought I'd expand my knowledge in other areas, and try a bit of videography & aerial photography. Throughout the day I've ordered each of the drones they sell, removed from the basket, and gone back. It's a lot of money for something you haven't done before, and I ended up deciding that there's no point in me buying something I know I won't be happy with, so went with the best they had to offer (outside of the £5k+ offerings for DSLRs).

I've got a few ideas already, and I'm quite excited :D

I was tempted to get the Vision+ but I already had some GoPro's laying about so I bit the bullet and ordered it with the 3D gimbal. Great piece of kit but at some cost. Totally worth it though I've had great fun with mine.

Yeah, I've just bought a little HD cam thing for videoing RC cars internally, but I'm not sure it'd work with them. When I took into account the extra £266 for a go pro, it just made more sense to go for the vision+ for me :)

This is an interesting comparison between the V+ camera and GoPro.
It sounds as though the GoPro could have needed a focus tweak, but even so it's close.

There's no doubt GoPro is technically better but the V+ is a good 'ready to go' package.
The stills from it are more impressive than the video.

Westerdale - Church and village by colingrice, on Flickr

Yeah, the still images are better, but the video isn't that different so I thought it'd just be a better idea really, with less faffing about. Hopefully I'll get it during the week and will have a go with it at the weekend if I'm not working overtime.

The only reason I went with the GoPro is because I had a few already, other wise I would have gone with the vision +. By the videos above I prefer the field of view on the Vision 2+ camera over the GoPro.

Back