dropped lens in case/box

Edit My Images
No
Hi

I just received a brand new lens (Nikkor 24-70 f2.8 ED VR) in the post. I removed it from the package and then dropped it accidentally from about 3 feet onto the carpet. the lens was in its original cardboard box and inside that also in its quite sturdy looking case. Maybe I am overthinking it, I guess it's unlikely any damage could have been caused to the lens right? There is nothing obvious on the exterior, although could the impact/bounce shock have caused any damage?

Thanks!

Take a test shot and study it . I would think it would be ok though based on the packaging but as I say no-one will know until you test it.

You can guarantee it would have had far worse treatment in transit. :eek:

Take Stuart's advice, but I doubt you'll have a problem. :)

That's a professional-grade lens -- it'll take far worse...not that you should test that, you understand... :)

It’s survived Royal Mail, or whatever courier delivered it to you, and it’s survived being shipped from China or Japan to a distribution centre somewhere else in the world...
I think a small drop in a house will be fine.

I have had three lenses fall onto hard floors, all lenses survived! There is a good chance it should be fine especially if it was in its box with the styrofoam.

Just for your amusement; I still have a Hoya 300mm lens that I bought for my OM1 back in the '70s - I got it cheap from a friend who had run it over with his Hillman Imp. It's dented and grazed and the focus ring (or zoom - can't remember) is out of alignment, but it still works to this day. It has some fungus now sadly, but it does work. :ROFLMAO:

Back