DSCL

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
No
Recently offers to do a favour for a mate at work and get him some pictures printed from DSCL

after some choosing sizes/cropping to fit and all we ordered various sizes, paid for recorded delivery

for most that he will use I decided to go for the pearl finish and his framed the usual lustre. the pearl prints when arrived are stunning, as to are the others I add but after having as many done in that finish for the print there will be a lot more orders from me

I had the odd one but never a huge amount in the past just to see how the finish compared, in this case they were brilliant

another DSCL huge thumbs up from me

Delivery arrived next day to as delivery covered. I also had an email to confirm my order and then another to say it had was now at stage 2, within 6 minutes of my order, now it may have been quiet when I ordered (around 12:30 last Saturday) but that is some achievement regardless

Friend from work was blown away by the quality of the pics to so all is good

I will second that.

I ordered some to frame up for a local gym I'd done some work for. They were blown away.

One of the fighters orered a framed copy of the one I did of him as soon as he saw the gyms copy (y)

I've just ordered some prints for my portfolio from them.

Andy

Thats my next job

Portfolio of what I have done so far

then extending it next year with what i am putting into place at present

I ordered some prints from them the beginning of last week, i selected Royal mail recorded i'm still waiting, so i called them and they said it could be up to 10 days, if i wanted them quicker i should order the overnight courier option so i ordered some more on Monday selected courier and they arrived yesterday, to be fair they are normally quick, so i'm guessing it's the useless infamous "Royal fail" yet again, these fools really wind me up, i've had several pieces of mail go missing recently and i have called them about it, i think part of the problem is we have recently lost our regular postie and it appears he has been replaced by one who barely speaks a word of English "i kid you not" and i have voiced my concerns about this to RM, also i was always under the impression that 1st class post meant next day, apparently not at this time of year, what the fcuk :shrug: am i missing something, just because it's Christmas time it gives them the right to deliver when they want.

Anyway back to DSCL i found this on their site a bit worrying,

"What happens if my prints don’t arrive?

If your prints don’t arrive or maybe lost in the post? If after 10days your order doesn’t arrive we will reprint your order at an agreed cost with you and DSCL normally at 50% of the original order value
."

Surely it's their responsibility to insure you get your prints without you having to pay again ?

I would be willing to bet they put that in to deter folk from trying to get a free copy reprinted, and would (unless it became regular) just reprint free.

Anyway back to DSCL i found this on their site a bit worrying,

"What happens if my prints don’t arrive?

If your prints don’t arrive or maybe lost in the post? If after 10days your order doesn’t arrive we will reprint your order at an agreed cost with you and DSCL normally at 50% of the original order value
."

Surely it's their responsibility to insure you get your prints without you having to pay again ?

to be honest.. a couple of times ive had missing prints or extra prints ( that wernt mine) included in the order and when im missing something i normally email them and let them know which ones are missing they turn up next day without paying any extra.

Just a query re DSCL. I have used them a number of times now and for generally lower value orders I always use their 1st class return service which costs I think £3.40

I find this really quite slow and I am wondering if they send out the 'posted' email sometime before the order has actually left the lab. I know we had a bank holiday yesterday, but I had an email Tuesday to say my pictures were on their way 1st class. Here we are Saturday, the postie has been and gone, still no pictures. I've had this before where 1st class from them has taken several working days. With a Bank holiday Monday coming, even if I get them Tuesday that will be a week after they say they were sent. I'm sure some will blame the Royal Mail, but to be fair I get most of my post really prompt and the postie (whom i know) has been very good, even delivering extra on the way home.

I'm just wondering if this is a regular thing for other people, and also wondering if they are franking stuff, sending the email, but the items are not actually being put into the hands of the Royal Mail until maybe a day or more later - in this instance, working days Wed, Thurs, Sat - even that is a long time for first class.

Last edited:
I always order in the morning and nearly every order has come next day.

How odd... I live in the suburbs of Leicester, not out in the sticks, can't believe that the Royal Mail are delaying stuff this long if it is them. Disappointing.

I have always ordered with Recorded Delivery. I had once missed adding it to the service and it took a few days longer than the usual recorded I use

Back