DSLR Motorised Slider

Edit My Images
Yes
It is surprising there isn't a smart way to do this easily.
You can imagine using toy cars and such but achieving the constant very slow movement is critical - and difficult.
You can rotate the camera on a clockwork egg timer for not much money and the effect is quite good.

Name
Mat
Edit My Images
Yes
Funny this pops up, yet again (last night and the night before) I have been looking at sliders. The price of motorised is way out of my league at the moment for what I'd use it, so looking for cheap manual operated ones.

Edit My Images
Yes
A bit late now if you've already bought the slider, but you could consider shooting a wider angle and then panning and zooming in software. If you shoot high res. pictures for a timelapse or video in 4k, downsizing to 1080p gives you quite a lot of leeway to zoom and pan without any further loss of resolution. Resolve does a very good job of this and is free.

Name
Tarquin F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel. Or Pete for short!
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone recommend a DSLR motorised slider to me for timelapses? Not wanting to spend too much. Is this something that's possible for around £100?
Hi Will
Ive been using the Digi slider autopan this is the first effort.
There were a couple of jumps on the last section where i had the belt too slack since tightening its been as good as gold.
I think long term i will probably go for the syrp system as its modular and does pretty much everything.
For editing I've been using LR time-lapse and lightroom, then bunging it into FCPX.
View: https://youtu.be/X9K98fyF3i8

Last edited:
Name
Edit My Images
Yes
OP
OP
WillNicholls
Name
Will
Edit My Images
No
How are you getting on with the Edelkrone Will?
Surprisingly it's actually pretty good. I'm using a heavy setup on it -- need to test if it's over the recommended amount, but I don't think it is. At the ends of the slider there is some flex but really not much at all. Using the Pro X Long. Pretty strong!

Name
Edit My Images
Yes
Shot any footage with the slider yet Will?