Dubai

Name
mark
Edit My Images
No
Hi All

only a few pictures to show here...

Recently got back from Dubai, what an amazing city!

Unfortunately, I didn't go too crazy with my camera, instead i focused on enjoying my holiday (pardon the pun)

Here's a few snaps, taken from my facebook page.

dubai 1.jpg dubai 3.jpg dubai 6.jpg

#2 is spectacular as it is…though one could work
to emphasize the graphic and colour elements.

Thank you. number 1 and 3 were taken using a manfrotto suction cup on the camera as no tripods were allowed. loads of tourists kept knocking me, so I ended up giving up.

Thank you. number 1 and 3 were taken using a manfrotto suction cup on the camera as no tripods were allowed. loads of tourists kept knocking me, so I ended up giving up.

Been up there twice with a tripod. One time had it right out the gap in the glass trying to get a straight down shot. Remember being amazed they let me do it, imagine a camera falling from that height !
Would be a shame if they have stopped tripod use, where did you come across the no tripod rule?

Been up there twice with a tripod. One time had it right out the gap in the glass trying to get a straight down shot. Remember being amazed they let me do it, imagine a camera falling from that height !
Would be a shame if they have stopped tripod use, where did you come across the no tripod rule?

It's on their website. As I've been up the empire state and rockerfella, i naturally assumed this was the same so done a check on the site. Sure enough it's there. I ended up leaving it in hotel, got to the top to see roughly 10 people with them :(

It's on their website. As I've been up the empire state and rockerfella, i naturally assumed this was the same so done a check on the site. Sure enough it's there. I ended up leaving it in hotel, got to the top to see roughly 10 people with them :(
That's a shame but you got great images anyway.

Fantastic city, i went last year when i went to the F1 in Abu Dhabi. Like you i didn't bother taking a tripod up there as assumed it wouldn't be allowed, but yes saw one with a tri and a couple of mono's. I'm not sure how up on their health and safety they are seeing our hotel was non smoking yet you could smell cigarette smoke throughout the building. They've had their fair share of fires over the last year or two haven't they.......... Anyway, great that you managed to get a couple of decent shots. Did you do floor 124 or all the way to 148?

As said No2 is excellent (y)

yeah we did the same, and after doing it i do not regret being 'cheap' haha I don't think it would of been much different those few floors higher..... though maybe it wouldn't have been so busy as everybody else would of been 20 floors below!! i must of queued for 30mins just to get back out!!

yeah we did the same, and after doing it i do not regret being 'cheap' haha I don't think it would of been much different those few floors higher..... though maybe it wouldn't have been so busy as everybody else would of been 20 floors below!! i must of queued for 30mins just to get back out!!

I only queued to get up from ground level, it was free to walk around up there though. not many people at all.

A new tower is being built, In jeddah (old dubai) . apparently, it's going to be bigger than the burj khalifa...built by 2020.

Back