Dubrovnik

BMD

Name
Bruce
Edit My Images
No
Ladies/Gents,

I'm going to Dubrovnik next week for a few days. Never been there before & assuming that some of you probably have, would like to know of any good places there for photographic opportunities.

I'm looking at travelling light, 6D, 8-15mm, 24-70mm possibly 70-200 & either 1.4x or 2x TC.

Your suggestions would be appreciated.

I've been but wasn't into photography at the time.

It's a tiny City, just go for a walk around the walls, and into the old town. There isn't really that much there, it's just a nice place.

One thing I tend to do when travelling is to look on Flickr and the like and see what people are taking photos of.

Rest assured you'll have a good time and I'm sure you'll come back with great images.

One thing I tend to do when travelling is to look on Flickr and the like and see what people are taking photos of.

Rest assured you'll have a good time and I'm sure you'll come back with great images.

Thanks

Depends what you like... I loved it when I went last Summer. The architecture is beautiful so you'll have plenty of chances, just walk around the place, the only problem will be not having too many tourists in the pictures!
If you do the city walls, which you should, have in mind the time of the day you go as you'll be backlit depending on the time of the day and the side of the town so have that in mind, if you can you can go morning and then afternoon on the same day to a different part.
Also if you go up the mountain in the cable car you'll see some nice views of the whole city.
And if you want to see some nice sea water colours take ferry to Lokrum :)

It's a fantastic place, in the old walled town is stunning, try some of the smaller villages down the south coast, easy by bus

It's a fantastic place, in the old walled town is stunning, try some of the smaller villages down the south coast, easy by bus

He's only got 3 days though. Not a great deal of time to get out of the town. Given two weeks I'd suggest visiting Brac, Split and Zadar and a day trip to Plitvice.

He's only got 3 days though. Not a great deal of time to get out of the town. Given two weeks I'd suggest visiting Brac, Split and Zadar and a day trip to Plitvice.

I'd think two full days would be more than enough to spend in the walled section though

For a sunset, one of the best places in the world I've found yet is at the Importanne Resort at Babin Kuk, a couple of kms North of the Old Town, take a no 6 bus (really, they're much much nicer than UK buses) from just outside the Pile Gate and it takes 10 minutes or so. You can have cocktails or a meal at the Restaurant Zoe and the sun sets over the islands to the North, absolutely stunning!

Take the cable car up Mount Srd towards dusk and you can see the lights of the old town twinkling below you, with the island of Lokrum just offshore.

The old town itself offers plenty of opportunity for street photography, some of the old buskers make good subjects. The dusk shot of the Stradun is a cliche but a good one.

The walk around the walls gives you a good view over the rooftops. Some of the little sidestreets running off the Stradun could be photogenic.

A short boat ride to Cavtat to the south (leaves from the old harbour in the old town) gives you a change of scenery and is a lovely little coastal village.

I go to Dubrovnik quite often, and love it, feel free to shout up if you need any more advice, and some of my Dubrovnik photos are on my site, http://www.markmullenphotography.co.uk/p383256858

For a sunset, one of the best places in the world I've found yet is at the Importanne Resort at Babin Kuk, a couple of kms North of the Old Town, take a no 6 bus (really, they're much much nicer than UK buses) from just outside the Pile Gate and it takes 10 minutes or so. You can have cocktails or a meal at the Restaurant Zoe and the sun sets over the islands to the North, absolutely stunning!

Take the cable car up Mount Srd towards dusk and you can see the lights of the old town twinkling below you, with the island of Lokrum just offshore.

The old town itself offers plenty of opportunity for street photography, some of the old buskers make good subjects. The dusk shot of the Stradun is a cliche but a good one.

The walk around the walls gives you a good view over the rooftops. Some of the little sidestreets running off the Stradun could be photogenic.

A short boat ride to Cavtat to the south (leaves from the old harbour in the old town) gives you a change of scenery and is a lovely little coastal village.

I go to Dubrovnik quite often, and love it, feel free to shout up if you need any more advice, and some of my Dubrovnik photos are on my site, http://www.markmullenphotography.co.uk/p383256858

Thanks Mark appreciate your comments, and nice imagery on your site!!!

Last edited:
Back