Duchess of Cambridge RPS

Even the RPS's own members are not happy about it.
As for Honorary degrees handed out, I would assume that is because they made a SUBSTANTIAL contribution to a particular field or contributed in some great way to raising the profile etc - not just, ermmm.... we need to boost people interest in Home Economics, let's give (insert celebrity here) an honorary degree, they like to eat.

I am a RPS member and I have no problem with her being given an honorary membership

bored now :/
PS mortimerhill - I didnt say ALL.

I don't know why you didn't say that in the first place, your post suggested that the RPS membership weren't happy, instead of a few individuals! Which contradicts what I know, that the majority of the RPS see it as a positive thing.

A good move by them as it's a no loose situation. They get great PR exposure from this in the national press. Members who are not happy should not worry, as I doubt she will be taking work from them.

Anybody who has any doubts about HRH's ability of photography should really have had a look at the Free calendar with the Mail On Sunday. Her photographs are fantastic.

Well they have both got a fair amount of coverage and publicity here I'm sure they will both be well pleased :pint::beer:lol

If I recall correctly Air Miles Andy had a go at Landscape photography (well, piccies of mummy's castles, anyway) many years ago and not much came of that. And to be fair to the Duchess of Cambridge I thought her photos were very acceptable..... I've certainly done a lot worse myself over the years.

Rob

Back