Dunnottar Castle

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Took this early evening a couple of nights ago,
Dunnottar Castle near Stonehaven...first trip out with new monopod!

IMG_6715.jpg

I might as well be the first to say it... That red thing with the chain... It's dead-centre-ness bothers me a bit.

Other than that I like it. Lighting is both spooky and cheerful at the same time.

i agree with fingerz, the foreground interest is a bit too center foreground....what is it anyway?

EosD said:
i agree with fingerz, the foreground interest is a bit too center foreground....what is it anyway?
I've not a clue, but there's so many pics been taken of this castle, I thought I'd include it it. Centering it was the only way I could fit all the castle in and I like it so there :p :flipoff:

Bachs said:
The wife, she was holding my camera bag.

Take a look
so about this fettish you have with gnu's Bachs??? :whistling

Nice pic, though as the others think the chain thing is a little to central.

i might send this thread in the post to your wife......

EosD said:

It's the optional stabilising rig for his new monopod. The lump hammer is just out of shot. :D

CT said:
It's the optional stabilising rig for his new monopod. The lump hammer is just out of shot. :D

:p nice...

we can only hope..

Nice pic Bachs ! :)

After reading some comments, i had a go at this ! Hope you arent offended ! its very quick and not on the high res original so you can see where i been busy !

Drew a freehand selection round the red thingy and some of the grass etc, cut it out and pasted it back into a new layer, moved it until it was in roughly right position, flattened the image, use the clone tool to clone back in the area removed during the cut/paste process, feather the clone tool by 50% and try to tidy it up ! Is definitely worth a try on the original Bachs ! and you can probably get the 1/3 section right to make it more appealing ! :)

IMG_6715.jpg

I know its definitely not as good as it could be ! But shows you dont always have to move to get the shot you want ! ;)

Ian that's good mate! The give -away is those repetitive white bits to the left of the red thingybob. You need to watch out for repetitive patterns building up like that when you're cloning, and keep varying the place you're cloning from.

Definite PS progress there though. :thumb:

CT said:
Ian that's good mate! The give -away is those repetitive white bits to the left of the red thingybob. You need to watch out for repetitive patterns building up like that when you're cloning, and keep varying the place you're cloning from.

Definite PS progress there though. :thumb:

Thank you :)

Yeah im using my laptop with one of thos silly nipple things for a mouse, and its flippin hard to use accurately ! i tried feathering the clone by 50% after i did the initial and it broke it up a bit, but a mouse would make it so much easier and quicker !

Im learning slowly :)

Lol...so many people to reply to here!
Firstly, in the cold light of day the chain thingy really grated on my nerves in the centre and the obvious place for it is on the right pointing inwards to the castle...thank IanC for the example, I might give that a go or just wait for a more dramatic sky and go back (20 mins up the coast)

Liberalis...The horizon was a botch up as I got a nasty halo when trying to pull back some colour and detail in the sky.
I made a pigs ear of it but there's always some clever bugger that will notice here! :LOL:

EOSd...Can you wait until the Mrs buys me the 580EX Flashgun before you post the thread to her?

Kenco...I let her off the chain thing for 5 minutes as she was ruining the shot.

Bachs said:
thank IanC for the example, I might give that a go or just wait for a more dramatic sky and go back (20 mins up the coast)

Welcome mate, im practising me potatochop skills on anything and everything at the moment ! Is one area i need to improve, along with scenery shots ! :)

Just hope i dont upset people by hacking at their pics ! :coat:

Your'e more than welcome to hack away at any of mine Ian, so is anyone else for that matter :)

PS: can you upload them to my gallery too when you've finished? :p

Back