Dunstanburgh Castle

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
On a recent trip to Northumberland, I decided to take a trip to Dunstanburgh castle later in the day just to check it out. I thought I'd see just how bad the rocks were before going back for a sunrise shot.

I decided to take a few shots and actually, it worked out pretty well. The sun cast some lovely colour onto the clouds and the moon was nicely positioned.

Tried to get a different perspective from this, I sometimes think the rocks take over these sorts of images. I also liked the colour hitting the foreground.

Let me know your thoughts.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2imGA49]Dunstanburgh Castle by Thomas Green, on Flickr[/URL]

Thanks,

Tom

looks very nice to me Tom

Nice shot there Tom, and a different take on the castle. Been up there loads of times but without my camera as I tend to play golf whilst there. Too much trouble with golf gear and my camera but I will have to make the effort after seeing your image.

Maybe it’s a little right heavy but overall I like it, beautiful colours and a pretty scene. Getting a bit lower might have helped the composition by making the rocks a bit more prominent but well taken anyway

Maybe it’s a little right heavy but overall I like it, beautiful colours and a pretty scene. Getting a bit lower might have helped the composition by making the rocks a bit more prominent but well taken anyway

looks very nice to me Tom

Thank you.

Great shot - nice colours in the sky and just the right swirl in the waves :)

Thank you.

I'd be pretty happy to call that mine. Above the castle the yellow cloud looks a bit hot - did you over expose this a little?

Cheers Steve, it was correctly exposed but boosted a bit in post. Might use the brush to bring that part back slightly.

Nice shot there Tom, and a different take on the castle. Been up there loads of times but without my camera as I tend to play golf whilst there. Too much trouble with golf gear and my camera but I will have to make the effort after seeing your image.

Thanks! Yes, just be careful on the rocks.

Thank you. Yeah I considered that but I was soaked, and didn't really want the rocks being overbearing. Also, I wanted the moon in the shot so I think this comp ended up working best.

Great photo and colours, but JPEG export as mentioned has blown out cloud on the right in the red channel. Just post it as aRGB or else you have to go through the pain and degrade the image until it fits into sRGB boundaries.

P.S. You are working in ProPhotoRGB space in Lightroom and you must proof it before export. They don't make it too obvious so many people miss it.

I'd be pretty happy to call that mine. Above the castle the yellow cloud looks a bit hot - did you over expose this a little?

as above most likely a colour management issue.

Great photo and colours, but JPEG export as mentioned has blown out cloud on the right in the red channel. Just post it as aRGB or else you have to go through the pain and degrade the image until it fits into sRGB boundaries.

P.S. You are working in ProPhotoRGB space in Lightroom and you must proof it before export. They don't make it too obvious so many people miss it.

as above most likely a colour management issue.

Sorted it, just pulled back that part of the image. It's tamed it slightly.

Wasn't actually blown out though.

To be honest, I am not too sure how the colour spaces work, might have to look into that more.

Back