Dunure Beach seascapes

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Nice, number 2 for me, lovely colour and tones with just the right amount of water movement..

It's a great place isn't it? So many compositions to be had. This looks like the harbour side? There's a great compostion to be had with the beach leading into the castle. Also a bit of a climb down on the other side (south), gets you good foreground with water and rocks and the castle sitting towards the top of the frame. Did you get any of the castle?

You should've said, I'd have popped along, still only 500 odd clicks on my MKiv, it needs a run out.

It was a last minute thing - I had planned to go to Elgol, chickened it due to the forecast and just nipped down the road when saw the day was too good not to do something. These were taken directly in front of the castle, close to to the harbour. I took some of the castle but not worked them. No point - they're not good.

Perfect speed exposures for the sea, so often people make them too long when the water is rough.

Thanks - I like to retain texture in the water - same applies for waterfalls - you rarely need more than half a second. Sometimes a longer exposure can create a more dreamy effect but for here I didn't want that.

These are lovely, Steve, the second especially.
For me, that one has a real sense of the power of the sea, whilst retaining a certain soft fluidity (in the feel, nota soft image).
Really love that one.

These are lovely, Steve, the second especially.
For me, that one has a real sense of the power of the sea, whilst retaining a certain soft fluidity (in the feel, nota soft image).
Really love that one.

And not a reflection in sight ;)

Business as usual will be resumed soon.

Have to say though, I am enjoying these seascapes to get me through the winter months.

Back