weekly Duttytd's 52 week challenge (WEEK #2 FEAR - ADDED)

Hi and welcome to the challenge. I think both of the on theme pic are good the detail on The gull is great and the txt like you say is prob one of all of our fears!

Marshall194 said:
Hi and welcome to the challenge. I think both of the on theme pic are good the detail on The gull is great and the txt like you say is prob one of all of our fears!

Thanks. Nice shots in yours too. Good luck with it ;-)

Hi, there, well I thought I'd commented on all so far...appears not...:shake:

Well, direction. Well captured and nice detail. I wonder what a border would do?

Fear, damn, that's almost worse than a dear John letter. Fits the theme, but, is it a bit, how can I say, lazy...:thinking:

Now subscribbed...

Cheers.

Hi, there, well I thought I'd commented on all so far...appears not...:shake:

Well, direction. Well captured and nice detail. I wonder what a border would do?

Fear, damn, that's almost worse than a dear John letter. Fits the theme, but, is it a bit, how can I say, lazy...:thinking:

Now subscribbed...

Cheers.

Thanks for the comment and subscribing Andy. I will try a border around the gul.

As for the Fear text I only found out about the Theme a few hours ago and thats all I could think of... I will have a think about what else I could do and add them too.

I like the idea of fear from that text :LOL: it works both way's it could be that you've dropped the persons camera or they've dropped your camera so for that reason alone I like it (y)

I think a way to develop this shot further would be to have the photo one the table but to take from a shallow angle to see some of the surroundings also if that makes sense (y)

Matt

MWHCVT said:
I like the idea of fear from that text :LOL: it works both way's it could be that you've dropped the persons camera or they've dropped your camera so for that reason alone I like it (y)

I think a way to develop this shot further would be to have the photo one the table but to take from a shallow angle to see some of the surroundings also if that makes sense (y)

Matt

Thanks Matt, i will have a go at that in the morning and post up my efforts. I tried briefly earlier bit the text was hard to read and that's what makes the image fit the theme. Will have a better go tomorrow.

Good shot of the gull... as has been said, shame about that sky...

Fear : A good idea, and I can understand the fear that would be associated with it... however, how about some form of looking over your shoulder type shot, at the phone... look scared at what might have been done (hard from behind I know ;)...)

jgs001 said:
Good shot of the gull... as has been said, shame about that sky...

Fear : A good idea, and I can understand the fear that would be associated with it... however, how about some form of looking over your shoulder type shot, at the phone... look scared at what might have been done (hard from behind I know ;)...)

Thanks for the comments. I was alone at the time and it rattled my brain trying to think of what i could do lol. This weeks challenge is proving a tough one for me.

Hi Tony,

Trust you to almost have a row in the first page of your thread !!! :p ;)
Seriously, it's your challenge and your rules so you can stick as much or as little to any themes as you want to. From personal experience (having tried my own individual challenge in 2011) sticking with the themes makes it easier to stay motivated though - you get more of that group support from joining in and playing along with everyone else.

I won't comment on week 1 because it's all been said already, but week 2's an interesting take on the theme and yep - it's frightening! I suspect that although it looks simple it may not have been that easy to execute. I'd imagine that it was tricky getting the exposure right for the screen and keeping the text in focus. The black background is a little untidy, but for me as an interpretation of the theme and as a technical exercise in exposure it definitely ticks the boxes.

However, artistically I think that given more time there's more that you could have done to develop the idea as others have already pointed out. I would really have liked to see a bit more experimentation with the shooting angle and the introduction of some background interest.

Good luck with "sigh".

will pass on direction all been said and doesn't need saying again.

Fear - good job, i can relate it to fear, its nicely exposed and composed

Hi Tony

like your idea for Fear....nice clear text...another simple idea but effective....woebetide anyone who damages my camera :LOL:

I agree with Sarahlees comments about given more time...but thats something we all lack :crying:

Good luck with the rest of your project...look forward to seeing your shots (y)

I like your work Tony it's creative and imaginative secure in particular is a great concept. Time is very difficult and it does stretch you but it's well worth it if you can put the effort in and the feedback is very useful

Back