DxO Black Friday offers?

Edit My Images
No
Hi all

It seems that DxO are offering 50% off all products.

As PhotoLab user is it worth getting the DxO Nik plugins suite or indeed their Film Pack or Viewpoint programs?

FWIW as I have LR and PS I have been happy with the perspective correction tools to Viewpoint likely of minimal interest unless it does something very special. As for Film effects ~ fairly sure there are presets in LR to cover some 'effects'................???

Your thoughts and insights as always welcome :)

How do you find PhotoLab vs. LR? Do you have PL2?

I'm desperate to ditch LR but just can't find a suitable alternative (especially for iPad, which I know PL doesn't do but I do have Affinity).

How do you find PhotoLab vs. LR? Do you have PL2?

I'm desperate to ditch LR but just can't find a suitable alternative (especially for iPad, which I know PL doesn't do but I do have Affinity).

I have when PP'ing used the KISS method i.e. I use software to (as best I can) get the best out of an image......................PhotoShop I still have CS6 and usually finalise images in that because in LR I never got comfortable with it output sharpening. I initially dabbled with PLv1 on my new Olympus files and and found the way the noise was handled & the 'simplified' sharpening protocols just brought the best out of the files compared to my efforts in LR.

Yes, I have PLv2 but only did so because I was able to get the upgrade for free..................this Black Friday offering would likely have swung it if I had not. I have yet to really get to grips with it on enough files but winter is coming and will endeavour to crack on ;) Plus I have various (many!) older Canon files that are waiting for re-visiting PP wise!

As for LR I am on the old v6 perpetual license version and use it for my DAM, so will not be dumping as no need to do so ;)

PS Back last year I added the Pixel Genius Sharpener into my workflow for print preparation of litho printed leaflets and IMO it, though old, still offers & does well.

PPS I also added Fastone Viewer into the flow for quickly doing the culling before importing into LR...............I know it is an extra step but for initial review and culling I now value its addition.

IMO there is no such thing as a Swiss Army Knife of software, they all do something well................just need to refine and develop(no pun intended ;) ) my own way of doing it to my satisfaction.

Great. At £30 I'll update Nik collection

Having had a gander at the Collection again and at Viewpoint I am thinking they do bring something to the party :D ........thinks.....???

Last edited:
@ £30 The Nik collection is a bargain but I stopped using DXO when I found out that they don't have a lens profile for the Canon 500mm mkii and 1.4 Tc mkiii together.

You can emailed a request to them and never heard a thing back.

Shame really as I like using DXO.

Back