E‐Infinity ?

Yes and very pleased with the service, didn't have to return anything. I would use again without hesitation. Remember if looking for a camera the warranty may be different from an authorised retailer. I got a lens from them if your wondering.

Last edited:
I can't comment on returning anything, but I've had a body and a couple of lenses from them with no problems.

It's just the returns side of buying from them that I'm concerned about, have brought from them at least a dozen times over the last couple of years with no issues but this return is now spooking me out

Last edited:
I've just posted back a lens to the returns address they told me to send it to in some back street in Manchester (brought the address up on Google maps) asked their customer service (3 times now) to confirm receipt of the return, they have responded saying they will check the warehouse, doesn't look like any sort of warehouse to me !!! (sent Royal mail 48 hour/tracked and signed for) according to the tracking it was delivered on Wednesday 6th August at 6.58am !!!!! and signed for by "Covid 19" !!!! firstly that seems very very early in the morning for anyone to be there and who signs for a parcel with "Covid 19" ??????

Starting to panic now, God knows what's going on.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be panicking yet. Like many of the importers I'd guess their UK address is pretty much a one man operation, and what with the virus and whatnot things tend to be tardy. I had to return something to a music retailer a couple of weeks ago and they won't touch any incoming mail for 72 hours as a kind of quarantine.

Last edited:
Ah, My apologies!
I know it's easy for me to say, and please don't think I'm making light of it, but they always take a few days to acknowledge payment, then another few days to get their game together, I would expect it to be similar when they're dealing remotely with whatever agent they're using in Manchester. I'd be leaning on them, definitely, but I wouldn't be worried yet.

I've just posted back a lens to the returns address they told me to send it to in some back street in Manchester (brought the address up on Google maps) asked their customer service (3 times now) to confirm receipt of the return, they have responded saying they will check the warehouse, doesn't look like any sort of warehouse to me !!! (sent Royal mail 48 hour/tracked and signed for) according to the tracking it was delivered on Wednesday 6th August at 6.58am !!!!! and signed for by "Covid 19" !!!! firstly that seems very very early in the morning for anyone to be there and who signs for a parcel with "Covid 19" ??????

Starting to panic now, God knows what's going on.
Royal Mail postmen round here have been instructed to sign as “covid 19“ themselves as they are now forbidden from getting the recipient to sign.

All my parcels have been signed for by the postie as covid 19. And all paperwork I give out to my customers I sign the same.
Who wants to be sharing pens and handing over clipboards or handhelds in this situation... Not me.

OK so that explains the "Covid 19" signature which yes I can understand.
Then there's the fact it was delivered at 6.58am to a lockup in the back streets of Manchester, as I said previously I Google'd the building and postcode, it looks very, very downmarket :oops: :$

Anyone ever had any dealings with E‐Infinity ?
Specifically returning anything ?
good box shifters - reliable

i sent a pl 100-400 back to them for warranty repair. They strung me out for months. Executed a Paypal claim and got my money back

Think everything is now OK :rolleyes:
I said in the last email to them if I got no response by the end of day yesterday I would go down the route of starting a dispute with my credit card company and Bingo this morning 3 emails saying "don't worry they have issued a refund" All I wanted was confirmation it had been delivered as the delivery address looked very dodgy. Hey ho (y) will now place an order with them for the Sony 70-200 f2.8 GM lens

Last edited:
I've had camera bodies, vertical battery grips and at least 7 lenses from them over the last couple of years with absolutely NO problems at all, it was just the one issue with this return, didn't want a refund immediately all I wanted was confirmation that they had received it back. All well that ends well

Thanks for sharing that - haven't heard of E-finity before. They seem to be quite a bit cheaper than other places - can you shed any light onto the kit received and how it might compare? I wondering if it is just overhead/margin reduction.

Everything they have ever supplied has been brand new, well packaged, and delivered promptly with full tracking usually delivered by DPD or UPS
Can't fault them for delivery at all ...
Sony A7RIV body (fabulous bit of kit)
Sony VG-C4EM vertical battery grip
Sony 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
Sony 90mm F2.8 Macro
Sony 24-105mm f4 G OSS
Sony 10‐18mm f4 OSS
Sony A6400
etc. etc.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that - haven't heard of E-finity before. They seem to be quite a bit cheaper than other places - can you shed any light onto the kit received and how it might compare? I wondering if it is just overhead/margin reduction.
They are grey importers.

Shouldn't generally have any issues with them and if you search on here you will find a lot of people have used them.

Can sometimes take a couple of weeks for things to arrive.

Panamoz are a similar supplier - they offer 3 years warranty (i.e. generally more than both Einifinity and UK suppliers).

Generally quicker delivery than Einifinity (i.e. can be quicker than some UK stores) but can be more expensive than Einifinity. However you can ask Panamoz if they will price match and sometimes they will do.

Thanks, that's useful info.
Although now I do wonder if this will ultimately help or hurt my wallet...

Placed an order for my Sony FE 70-200mm f2.8 GM OSS lens yesterday. Its been dispatched already o_O (don't know if it's because I had a rant re the return that started this thread) should be here next week all being well ....

DON'T BUY, DON'T BUY, DON'T BUY
I had my camera delivered and after just 6 months it had stopped working, I have sent the camera to them and it is still there after 18 months. I have asked either for a repair, a replacement or my money back... nothing has been done so far.

Please buy from EU shop and with a better reputation

I had my camera delivered and after just 6 months it had stopped working, I have sent the camera to them and it is still there after 18 months. I have asked either for a repair, a replacement or my money back... nothing has been done so far.

Wow really, first time i have seen this. A lens never arrived and they refunded me but i have never returned to them

That’s crazy, hope you get sorted. I’ve spent a lot over the years with e-infinity and any repair / return I’ve ever had was as seamless as a UK equivalent retailer, usually I just got a repair quote and they paid me the money via transfer

To balance..

BUY FROM THEM, BUY FROM THEM, BUY FROM THEM.

I’ve spent circa £6k with them over the years and never had an issue.
It’s not my first and only post either. ;-)

Everything I can find suggests they just pay you to get it repaired so the sending the camera to them doesn't sound right. Seems like someone with an agenda to me.

Reactions: Sky
Seems like someone with an agenda to me.
I agree - I've never heard of anyone having any trouble with them and like you said; there's no reason to return anything to them. I doubt we'll hear from Michele again . . .

Why should we buy from an EU shop Michele?

It's a turf war.....selling cameras is a ruthless business

Back